Alternative to white wine please.

510, Apr 25, 10:27pm
I wantto make a brown rice risotto type dish that has white wine in it.I don't want to use the white wine as the people who I want to serve it to, don't tolerate alcohol.The recipe already has chicken stock in it.I have wine vingegar, if I use that how much would need to replace half a cup of dry white wine.. TIA

uli, Apr 25, 10:29pm
You can leave it out completely.
Risotto doesn't alcohol at all - chicken stock is fine.

davidt4, Apr 25, 11:01pm
Leave it out.

olwen, Apr 25, 11:54pm
If you really want the flavour of wine Prenzel make a product called Vincon.It is entirely alcohol free (Singapore Air use it for halal cooking) but has the chemicals that give wine flavour.

510, Apr 26, 12:09am
Uli, davidt4, & Olwen
Many thanks, for your very helpful answers. I will leave it out completely at this stage as I want to do it for tonight..

jcprotea, Apr 26, 12:37am
Leave it out. stock is much nicer and gives a much nicer, fuller taste.

510, Apr 26, 10:27pm
I wantto make a brown rice risotto type dish that has white wine in it.I don't want to use the white wine as the people who I want to serve it to, don't tolerate alcohol.The recipe already has chicken stock in it.I have wine vingegar, if I use that how much would need to replace half a cup of dry white wine. TIA

uli, Apr 26, 10:29pm
You can leave it out completely.
Risotto doesn't alcohol at all - chicken stock is fine.

510, Apr 27, 12:09am
Uli, davidt4, & Olwen
Many thanks, for your very helpful answers. I will leave it out completely at this stage as I want to do it for tonight.