Cream cheese frosting ( to keep)

vicki_r, Apr 23, 2:59am
Have made a carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Does it need to be refrigerated. I hate putting a cake in the fridge normally as it dries out.

margyr, Apr 23, 3:01am
yes, but take it out so it can come back to room temp before eating, or microwave for 10 secs per serve.

pickles7, Apr 23, 3:02am
If your icing is made using milk products, you need to treat as you would treat milk. How long do you want it to keep???

pollyh, Apr 23, 3:06am
I have made two carrot cakes recently with cream cheese icing and both lasted in the fridge just fine - make sure cake is in an airtight container though so it doesn't dry out.

vicki_r, Apr 23, 3:36am
It will be eaten in the next few days. I'm not referring to long term storage, just a day or two.

pickles7, Apr 24, 3:02am
If your icing is made using milk products, you need to treat as you would treat milk. How long do you want it to keep!

pollyh, Apr 24, 3:06am
I have made two carrot cakes recently with cream cheese icing and both lasted in the fridge just fine - make sure cake is in an airtight container though so it doesn't dry out.

vicki_r, Apr 24, 3:36am
It will be eaten in the next few days. I'm not referring to long term storage, just a day or two.