Mushroom risotto

micfee, Apr 23, 2:35am
anyone have any good risotto recipes?

jessie981, Apr 23, 2:48am
cookesentials says
what sort of risotto are you making? I do a mushroom and blue cheese. I use a Campbells stock (always heated before adding ladle by ladle) I use white wine ( usually a sav) plenty of freshly ground pepper, a good blue cheese such as Moeraki Blue and often a drizzle of truffle oil on the top with a little shaved fresh parmesan.
cookessentials (1155

margyr, Apr 23, 2:51am
use arborio rice.

micfee, Apr 24, 2:35am
anyone have any good risotto recipes!

jessie981, Apr 24, 2:48am
cookesentials says
what sort of risotto are you making! I do a mushroom and blue cheese. I use a Campbells stock (always heated before adding ladle by ladle) I use white wine ( usually a sav) plenty of freshly ground pepper, a good blue cheese such as Moeraki Blue and often a drizzle of truffle oil on the top with a little shaved fresh parmesan.
cookessentials (1155

bearskin, Apr 26, 5:15am
Having a pan full of stock on the simmer next to your risotto pan helps. If you're making a mushroom risotto, try getting some dried mushrooms and use the water left over after soaking for extra punch.
Use short or medium grain rice - not the usual long grain. Add some white wine, or, better, Vermouth towards the end of the cooking. Add fresh herbs at the end, and some cheese will help to thicken it as well (parmesan is my choice). And let it sit (untouched) for two-three minutes before serving.