HELP ME FIND MARSHMELLOW SLICE RECIPE

badbax1, Apr 20, 5:20am
It had a packet of biscuits for the base ?????? HELP i made it last year im sure it was called easter marshmellow slice

pogram0, Apr 20, 9:37am
The Stuff website had this recipe listed during the week.Could this be the one?

EASTER EGG SLICE

125g butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup sultanas
1 tsp vanilla essence
250g wine or malt biscuits, finely crushed
3 marshmallow Easter eggs, chopped
Chocolate icing:
1 tsp each: butter, boiling water
1 1/2 cups icing sugar, sifted
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla essence

Grease and line a shallow 20-centimetre pan.
Stir the butter and caster sugar together on low heat. Stir in the egg and bring to boiling point. Remove from the heat and add the cocoa, sultanas and vanilla. Cool a little then mix in the biscuits and chopped marshmallow Easter eggs. Press into the prepared pan.
Prepare the icing by melting the butter in the boiling water. Add to the sifted icing sugar and cocoa in a bowl. Add the vanilla. If too stiff, add a little extra boiling water, teaspoon by teaspoon.
Spread over the slice. Allow the icing to set, then cut in squares or bars. Best kept for a couple of days to mature, before enjoying. Makes about 20 pieces

kinna54, Apr 20, 11:32am
I have one that has a crushed biiccie base, and has a layer dried apricots and jam, quite expensive to make but will post it if you think that sounds similar.

malcovy, Apr 21, 12:30am
Just reread first post and this is not what you were asking but it is really good so will keep it here. This is one of our favourites
Marshmallow slice
Base;
150g butter
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cocoa
4 weetbix, crushed
1/2 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 160C
Melt butter, remove from heat and add rest of ingredients.Press into greased tin approx 20cm X 24cm.Bake 15 mins.Leave until cooled.

Marshmallow
2 tbspns gelatine, then add boiling water to make a cup, then add
2 cups sugar and
1 tsp vanilla or raspberry ess
Then beat until thick and pour over base and leave till set.Coconut or jelly crystals on top look great.Cut into squares and keep covered

leo98, Apr 21, 2:33am
Microwave Marshmellow slice(quick, easy and yummy)
2x pkts of round wine or similar,crush and add 250grams of butter melted, mix and put into slice tray,place in fridge to set.
Topping: 2 pkts marshmellows, 1x 300ml bottle of cream. Put into a microwave bowl and melt, stir and pour over biscuit base. Put in fridge to set then cut and enjoy.

cookessentials, Apr 21, 3:17am
The one I remember as the best was a shortcake base, a pink marshmallow topping ( home made) and then sprinkled with coconut.

elliehen, Apr 21, 3:25am
That's an old Edmonds cookbook recipe - sometimes iced with chocolate icing instead of sprinkled with coconut.