Melt and Mix Cornflake Biscuit Please ...

2halls, Apr 16, 4:47am
Hello,does anybody have a recipe for a melt and mix cornflake biscuit ?I have done a search here,but all seem to require creaming of the butter and sugar.I used to have a recipe where you melted the butter,but I can't locate it for the life of me.Any help greatly appreciated :-)

jessie981, Apr 16, 5:36am
Only way I can suggest is to use Afghans recipe & substitute the cocoa with coconut

korbo, Apr 16, 5:41am
do you mean weetbix slice. you can use either weetbix or cornflakes.

2halls, Apr 16, 7:29am
Hi,no I definitely mean biccies ...Found one after some extensive googling,it's not the same as my previous one,but will give it a go.Here 'tis in case anybody else is interested:In a large bowl mix 5c cornflakes,1c coconut,1/2c brown sugar,2c dried fruit and 1c SR flour.Melt 185g butter,beat 2 eggs and add to butter.Add wet mix to dry and combine well.Shape and press with hands,bake at 180 for 10 mins or until golden.Thank you for the other suggestions :-)

2halls, Apr 17, 7:22am
Just a note,made the recipe above today and husband and neighbour declare it 'delicious'.Was very easy to mix,just did require a bit of 'squeezing' to make biscuit shapes.Let them cool for 5 mins on the tray before removing to cooking rack too :-)

guest, Apr 17, 6:27pm
I have a recipe called Goofy Biscuits which doesn't say anything about creaming the butter and sugar (Imperial measurements - sorry)
4oz butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup SR flour (or 1 cup ordinary flour + 1 tsp BakingPowder)
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 cup sultanas and currants (or use mixed fruit)
Cornflakes for rolling in (I usually put mine into the mixer and only 'just' mix them in)

Mix all ingredients together
Put in teaspoonful lots on baking tray - allow room to spread!!!!!
Bake 350 F (180 C) 12 minutes