Who has a convection oven...

korbo, Apr 15, 10:23pm
I think what i am thinking of, is one that you can use like a benchoven, and it also is a m/wave.
If anyone has one, do they use it often and would you consider them a good buy.thanks

andrew499, Apr 15, 11:24pm
hi korbo.i have a microwave/convection oven and use it all the time.i only have a small kitchen so got rid of the stove and now use the microwave/convection and a plug-in hotplate if i want to boil a pot.Mine is a Panasonic and has two shelves with it as well as a turntable, so I can bake a reasonable amount of biscuits or scones in it.
Cheers

norse_westie, Apr 16, 12:00am
They are excellent for 1-2 people. My mother lived in a small flat with only a kitchenette, no oven or stove. She used her convection oven for almost everything and it was amazing. I swear that thing was like the tardis to me - looked small and everyday, but the miracles she whipped out of it...

falcon-hell, Apr 16, 2:41am
i have a microwave/convection oven,i should use it more than i do,very good it is though,its a whirlpool.

korbo, Apr 16, 5:36am
Havent looked around the shops yet, guess harvey norman and noel lemings would have them. any idea of price...

iriegirl, Apr 17, 3:37am
Hi korbo, I've had a microwave/convection oven for 20 years now, I got it initially because I had no room for a standard oven, only a cooktop. I then moved to a big kitchen and got a standard oven, so now have both and I couldn't be without it! It's perfect for just cookinng for one or two and I must confess to never roasting a chicken in my standard oven. It will convention/microwave a large chicken with crispy skin in around 35-40 mins in oven bag. Cuts out on a large messy oven cleaning session as well! The biggest problem I've had is someone else using it and not knowing which dishes/trays to use in it, eg you have to change the glass tray to a metal one to do a chicken. I have a panasonic, and if it ever dies I'd most definately buy another. When I seen them not so long ago they were around 700-900

wingee, Apr 17, 4:04am
Hi iriegirl, I have just bought a panasonic convection microwave after having years used a whirlpool.I thought what on earth have I done, but as you start using it you certainly realise how easy it is and of course a new way again of cooking.I have a standard oven also but will now try out my roasts in the microwave etc............I like how flashes up "enjoy your meal"LOL- (Mrs W)