How to make hot x bun dough double in size?

buster31, Apr 13, 2:11am
My dough has been in the airing cupboard for approx 1 1/2 hrs & it hasn't risen much at all.Does anybody put their dough in the oven on low to get it to rise?

beaker59, Apr 13, 2:15am
if the cupboard is warm then just be patient it will rise slowly then suddenly go for it.

lilyfield, Apr 13, 2:30am
I put mine in the oven. turn the temperature dial to just where the red light will spring on- no more

lizab, Apr 13, 2:30am
I wouldn't put it in the oven on low to rise. If your car is parked outside and it's sunny, you can leave it in the car. My dough is usually fine just on the kitchen bench covered with a tea towel. Some days the dough does rise quicker than others though. How newly bought is your yeast?

harrislucinda, Apr 13, 4:05am
haveyou awarmsunnyroomcoverwithkitchenpaperandinthesunshould risethen

pickles7, Apr 13, 4:20am
Hot water cupboards are not as warm as they used to be....buster31 ...if they have power saving wraps put around the cylinder.
The car is a great idea, just oil the bowl and turn the dough over, so the top is well oiled. You don't want to dry the top out, of your dough.
I have been using bread improver in my bread, as the bread I have always made was not quite the same as it used to be. It is perfect again.

davidt4, Apr 13, 4:29am
he additions of butter and eggs to the dough retards the rising but it will rise eventually.It's best to leave the dough at room temperature for several hours or overnight in the fridge - this develops the flavour.

If you are desperate, put the dough (in a non-metallic bowl) in a microwave at lowest power and give itfew 30 sec bursts to raise its temperature.I wouldn't do this, but I'm told that it does the trick.

buzzy110, Apr 13, 5:04am
One more thing of real value I have learned off you within seven days.

52many, Apr 13, 5:06am
If it's not sunny, I fill my sink up a bit with hot water, stick my bowl in and cover with a damp tea towel. Works everytime for me.