Easy recipes lunch & dinner with basic ingredients

lucas08, Apr 13, 12:32am
im a young mum of 2 so need easy meals to cook for dinner and even lunch, kids are not very fuzzy but one wants hot food on colder days for lunch and I always do toasties or baked beans/ spagetti any other ideas for me please. Im wanting something new to try as sick of having the same old. any ideas I would be very greatful. thanks

smchkn, Apr 13, 12:36am
Homemade pizza? Use english muffins as basis and fill them with good stuff.

neville26, Apr 13, 12:44am
an easy meal I do when I am running out of time is cook up some rice, add chopped boiled eggs, some onion and a tin of fish, combine and serve. You could also make a white or curry sauce and make a fish pie (by combining and put in dish, grate some cheese over top and bake for 20mins.

kinna54, Apr 13, 10:53am
Mac cheese can be made in a few mins. I always add chopped bacon and herbs(oregano) my granddies love it. I also make nan's "eggy toast" which is simply buttered bread put butter side down into greased muffin pans, addbeaten egg, chopped ham or bacon, bit of cheese and maybe some corn or any leftover cooked veges, (I sometimes put a bit of cooked cubed potato in): or you can do the same thing with the bread and baked beans or spaghetti and chopped bacon.
Cook in a hot oven for around 10mins, until egg is cooked thru or filling is hot. yummy!

cosby, Apr 13, 10:54am
Hehe, glad your kids aren't 'fuzzy'.

juliewn, Apr 13, 11:30am
Baked stuffed potatoes or kumara are nice too.. bake in your oven or zap in a microwave, cut the top off, scoop the centres out, mash and add anything you like.. grated cheese, a small can of salmon or tuna, an egg that's quickly mixed in - the heat cooks it, chopped herbs,grated carrot, chopped bacon or ham,etc... etc..

Pile the mix back into the potato shells, and return to your oven or microwave to heat through..

motorbo, Apr 13, 10:18pm
we used to make vogel toasties by mixing beaten egg with cheese, onions, red pepper etc all chopped up, the egg makes it go further you could also add a little mashed potatoe too, toast bread then top and pop under the grill.....tinned lentils go yum with tinned tomatoes, fry up chopped onion, add cumin and chilli powder, add tomatoes then lentils

keri38, Apr 13, 11:04pm
noodle omelette - beat up a couple of eggs an a couple of Tbspn of water put in pan and add cooked 2min noodles, cheese any leftovers cook till semi firm then flip yumyu

lucas08, Apr 14, 1:38am
thats for the ideas, made baked potates for lunch ham and cheese, where a big hit. thanks

ruby19, Apr 14, 5:35am
Would they eat tomato or achicken noodle soup with toast soldiers?

chazley, Apr 14, 9:24am
pasta tuna and cheese yummm

lythande1, Apr 14, 7:32pm
Well, I would hope not.