Made 2 things that looked just like cookbook pics!

pom-pom, Apr 10, 9:08am
A triumph this weekend!! Normally my cooking looks nothing like the picture in the book when it comes out of the oven but the Moroccan meatballs (best tasting meatballs ever by the way!) and the orange and poppy seed biscuits were the spitting image of the glossy cookbook pictures! Both tasted great too! Perhaps I should stick to the gluten free recipe book from on. What have you made that REALLY looked like the picture lately?

jaz8, Apr 10, 11:12am
Can I please have the recipes for meatballs?

pom-pom, Apr 11, 8:48am
The recipe for the gluten free meatballs is as follows: 500-650g minced beef, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1 tablespoon (yes tablespoon) ground cumin (go to Bin Inn or somewhere similar for this!), 1/2 cup ground almonds (I use two tablespoons for about 500g meat) 1/3 cup tomato paste, 1 tsp minced garlic (or not if you don't like it!). 1 level tsp salt and ground black pepper to taste, 1/3 cup tomato paste (or two large dollops because I don't like messing up cup measures), 1 large or two small eggs.
Mix the whole lot together in any order. Shape into small balls. Place on greased baking tray and place in 200 degree oven for about 2-25 mins.

Can be used with sauce of choice or eaten as a snack on skewers. They are fantastic! If you want to add fresh herbs and have some to hand, coriander works well but is not vital.