POT ROAST RECIPE

primed1, Apr 7, 9:45pm
Hi - just wondering how you cook your pot roast and do you add any ingredients to it?

pickles7, Apr 7, 10:29pm
long and slow, in a slow cooker.
I sear my beef, brown 2 onions, a medley of diced root veges. [ don't overdo the veg, they are there to flavour the gravy ] Put the veg on the bottom of the slow cooker then the meat, a cup of warm water a tsp salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper. You could use wine if you had some needing to be used. Put the lid on and leave for 4 hours, maybe. time is a hard one as the slow cookers differ so much. I take my meat out when it reaches 160 Deg F. using a meat thermometer. I would thicken the gravy, season more if required.
I rather like veges cooked by them selves, when I slice meat.
A whole rolled beef roast, is perfect done this way.

primed1, Apr 8, 9:45pm
Hi - just wondering how you cook your pot roast and do you add any ingredients to it!

pickles7, Apr 8, 10:29pm
long and slow, in a slow cooker.
I sear my beef, brown 2 onions, a medley of diced root veges. [ don't overdo the veg, they are there to flavour the gravy ] Put the veg on the bottom of the slow cooker then the meat, a cup of warm water a tsp salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper. You could use wine if you had some needing to be used. Put the lid on and leave for 4 hours, maybe. time is a hard one as the slow cookers differ so much. I take my meat out when it reaches 160 Deg F. using a meat thermometer. I would thicken the gravy, season more if required.
I rather like veges cooked by them selves, when I slice meat.
A whole rolled beef roast, is perfect done this way.

kozzies, Apr 3, 12:03pm
heres my very simple one we've been using this for years and now seek NZ stores for our onion soup oh and its delicious :) One packet of onion maggi soup, one to one and half cups of beef stock and a couple of bayleaves.Chuck it all together throw into crockpot and cook away - enjoy with creamy smashed spuds and veg :)

lynja, Apr 3, 7:28pm
Mums Apricot Pot Roast - DELICIOUS
1 pot roast,1 tin apricot halves (with juice), 3 tbs butter,salt and pepper,1 chopped onion,2 tbs water,grated lemon rind,1/2 cup beef stock. brown roast in the butter, simmer for 3hours (or put in the crock pot and leave all day) I thicken the gravy left in the pan (if necessary) and use as a gravy. If doing it in a pot you may need to add a little more water after an hour or so. the secret is to cook it very slowly.