Best recipe you have using Venison please???

paix1, Apr 7, 2:00am
Have been given two packs of frozen venison (don't know which part but has 'stew' written on pack). Would like a really nice recipe please if yu have one - nothing in my recipe books. Many thanks!

beaker59, Apr 7, 4:50am
Just use your favourite Beef stewing steak recipes.

kinna54, Apr 7, 5:04am
Cook it as a normal casserole, but be aware of adding strong stock. Flour the meat first before cooking, and cook it slowly.A bit of red wine would be nice and some herbs, and a dash of garlic, but beef stock or some of the maggi sachets could be inclined to leave it tasting strong

rainrain1, Apr 7, 5:17am
It really needs lots of flavour as venison stew is tasteless without it...tomato paste, tinned tomatoes, red wine, mushrooms, rosemary sprig, bacon pieces, salt, pepper.Brown meat and onions, remove and add other ingredients ,...make sure you scrape in all the residue you browned the meat in...transfer to stew pot or crockpot

beaker59, Apr 7, 8:49am
Venison is hardly tasteless as a meat, what it lacks is fat which carries flavour which is why allot of people add the fatty bacon.

rainrain1, Apr 7, 9:06am
Stewed venison is VERY tasteless without the addition of flavouring

beaker59, Apr 7, 9:19am
I'll have to invite you to dinner one day then, Venison is delicious and very Tasty if cooked properly :)

paix1, Apr 7, 9:51am
Many thanks people -oh & I will come to your house anytime for dinner beaker 59!! I will let you all know how I get on! Thanks again :-)

rainrain1, Apr 7, 10:38am
Back steak is delicious fried quickly in butter, but stew is bland and tasteless and nothing you can say will convince me otherwise, I hate it

paix1, Apr 8, 2:00am
Have been given two packs of frozen venison (don't know which part but has 'stew' written on pack). Would like a really nice recipe please if yu have one - nothing in my recipe books. Many thanks!

rainrain1, Apr 8, 5:17am
It really needs lots of flavour as venison stew is tasteless without it.tomato paste, tinned tomatoes, red wine, mushrooms, rosemary sprig, bacon pieces, salt, pepper.Brown meat and onions, remove and add other ingredients ,.make sure you scrape in all the residue you browned the meat in.transfer to stew pot or crockpot

beaker59, Apr 8, 9:19am
I'll have to invite you to dinner one day then, Venison is delicious and very Tasty if cooked properly :)

paix1, Apr 8, 9:51am
Many thanks people -oh & I will come to your house anytime for dinner beaker 59! I will let you all know how I get on! Thanks again :-)