Share your favourite Nachoe's recipe

matt_forall, Apr 6, 9:39pm
Hubbys Birthday on Saturday and has requested Nachoes for Tea...Im not a fan so we hardly ever have it but its Hubbys favourite.would love some of your nachoes recipes

harrislucinda, Apr 6, 9:46pm
i justbroughtshopingredtotreatmyselfforlunchto dayhubbywonteat

lala2, Apr 7, 4:32am
I always use this recipe out of the Alison Holsts - Dollars and Sense cookbook, just use the corn chips instead of rice.

Chilli beef and beans on rice.
4 servings
2 onions, chopped
1tbspn oil
1 clove of garlic, chopped
250g mince ( I use about 400g)
2-3 carrots, grated
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp oreganum
1/4 tsp chilli powder
400g can tomatoes in juice
425 can baked beans
2 tsp cider vinegar

Brown onions in oil, add garlic and mince and cook till meat is brown. Do not hurry these steps. Add remaining ingredients in order given. Cover and simmer for 15-20 min. Thicken with a little cornflour if necessary. Serve on corn chips with a blob of sour cream.

jimbob37, Apr 7, 5:25am
I do the following:
brown mince (however much you need for your family), add onion, grated vegies (whatever you like - courgette/carrot etc), cook for 5 mins.Add tin of mexican tomatoes, tin of chilli beans, packet of maggi chilli con carne, and half a can of water.Simmer for half an hour or so.Put onto nacho chips, top with parsley and sour cream.

tarshlove, Apr 7, 8:59pm
Nacho's are easy we have them all the time.

Chop a onion and some garlic fry them up add capsicum,mince, a can of tomatoes, some tomato paste and some baked beans or chili beans add some Tabasco sauce or kaitaia fire to make it hot.
I don't like veggies in it that's not nachos lol. I do make some guacamole tho. Use and avocado add some sour cream, onion, tomato, capsicum, lemon juice and Kaitaia fire.
Arrange nacho chips, mince, cheese then fresh guacamole. YUM

matt_forall, Apr 8, 12:13am
MMmmm that sounds yummy tarshlove

wildflower, Apr 8, 4:14am
mince
red kidney beans
Wattie's mexican tomatoes
corn if you like or diced capsicums
Old El Paso chilli sachet (or half of one)

Chuck on corn chips, top with grated cheese and grill then add a dollop of sour cream.

trev106, Apr 8, 4:22am
i do a pretty lazy version! cook mince add watties just add mexican sauce (has everthing in it including beans) put on corn chips sprinkle with cheese melt then top with sour cream
My sil dose the same except adds a tin of corn to mince mix.