Vegetable soup

ksonic, Apr 6, 3:43am
Ok guys I need an awesome recipe for vegetable soup. I like big chunky stuff so nothing mashy. Anybody got a recipe that they would like to share with me.

lx4000, Apr 6, 3:56am
For that, I would save the cooking water from silverbeet, cabbage, carrots, swede, broc and cauliflower and use that as a stock. Or you can make your own by using the peelings and ends of then throwing them out. Then add onions, celery then go from there.

rockdale1, Apr 6, 4:16am
Buy some beef bones at the supermarket, you only need one per pot of soup, packet of soup mix which gives it a good base then add onion, leeks, grated carrots, parsnips, courgettes, parsely, celery and boil for about an hour.
Good for freezing too.

rockdale1, Apr 6, 4:18am
Forgot to add chopped kale, silver beet etc. to get the greens in the soup.

fogs, Apr 6, 8:35am
use bacon bones gives it a yummy smoky taste

joybells2, Apr 6, 9:37pm
I only eat vege soup if it is chunky too.I use a Kings soup mix for the the base and then add all your extra veges you want, salt and pepper etc, bacon bones and remove the meat from the bones when cooked and I also quite often add some pastashapes to make it nice and thick and filling.

mumstu, Apr 6, 9:40pm
yup agree with the Kings soup mix. I always use it and it is yummy with the barley etc in it and then I add my own veges. Real comfort food...mmmm

fluffydog, Apr 6, 10:11pm
Yes agree with the soup mix. for xtra flovour still use your vege water as stock, esp. if you don't want to add meat. You can always put in some pasta as well. I do mine in the crock pot. you lose less moisture that way,

lx4000, Apr 7, 3:56am
then you can add soup packets!

mumstu, Apr 7, 9:40pm
yup agree with the Kings soup mix. I always use it and it is yummy with the barley etc in it and then I add my own veges. Real comfort food.mmmm

fluffydog, Apr 7, 10:11pm
Yes agree with the soup mix. for xtra flovour still use your vege water as stock, esp. if you don't want to add meat. You can always put in some pasta as well. I do mine in the crock pot. you lose less moisture that way,