There's sugar

Page 1 / 2
pickles7, Apr 6, 12:40am
in my pie.... yukky. We bought two pies from our local bakery, we both said at the same time "there's sugar in this" It is in the meat. All I can say, something sweet must have been stored, above the pie filling, and leaked... Reminders of the filth in the food outlets in Auckland comes to mind.

tigerlilly16, Apr 6, 12:43am
that is yucky.
Another one I hate is when you buy a fresh cream donut and the cream tastes of onions - bought one once and there was a big chunk of onion in the cream, yuck.

beaker59, Apr 6, 12:45am
Please explain the relationship you see between Filth and Auckland food outlets?

bedazzledjewels, Apr 6, 12:49am
Sugar certainly is 'filthy'. Lol!

elliehen, Apr 6, 2:04am
There was a series of reality TV programmes which exposed failures in the grading system of some food outlets in Auckland - pickles might have seen this.It didn't make for pleasant viewing.Straight after the inspectors had called,the cockroaches and bad practices returned.

pickles7, Apr 6, 2:04am
not all, but there were some very ugly cases, last year. You must have missed them...

kay141, Apr 6, 2:06am
Not all, most is clean, pure white and spotless.

pickles7, Apr 6, 2:08am
yes they were shocking... the worst thing is those bad food outlets just get moved arround, they use other family members to open another place to sell , duck, from.

jessie981, Apr 6, 2:15am
Hope the cakes haven't got salt in them.

pickles7, Apr 6, 2:24am
That would be even worse. lol

elliehen, Apr 6, 2:32am
And in the fridge the meat juice didn't drip down on the butter for the cakes ;)

beaker59, Apr 6, 2:40am
Oh so its not all of us who are filthy.

pickles7, Apr 6, 2:42am
scary... elliehen..

elliehen, Apr 6, 2:54am
Do you own a cafe, beaker?

beaker59, Apr 6, 4:30am
Only the buildings though family members do, all popular and immaculate. Not all in Auckland though mostly. I don't like Pickles tone though with that first post. There are good and bad food outlets all through the country to imply Auckland is uniquely Filthy is pretty rough IMO particularly when describing a food issue in her own area.

pickles7, Apr 7, 12:40am
in my pie. yukky. We bought two pies from our local bakery, we both said at the same time "there's sugar in this" It is in the meat. All I can say, something sweet must have been stored, above the pie filling, and leaked. Reminders of the filth in the food outlets in Auckland comes to mind.

beaker59, Apr 7, 12:45am
Please explain the relationship you see between Filth and Auckland food outlets!

bedazzledjewels, Apr 7, 12:49am
Sugar certainly is 'filthy'. Lol!

elliehen, Apr 7, 2:04am
There was a series of reality TV programmes which exposed failures in the grading system of some food outlets in Auckland - pickles might have seen this.It didn't make for pleasant viewing.Straight after the inspectors had called,the cockroaches and bad practices returned.

pickles7, Apr 7, 2:04am
not all, but there were some very ugly cases, last year. You must have missed them.

pickles7, Apr 7, 2:08am
yes they were shocking. the worst thing is those bad food outlets just get moved arround, they use other family members to open another place to sell , duck, from.

jessie981, Apr 7, 2:15am
Hope the cakes haven't got salt in them.

elliehen, Apr 7, 2:32am
And in the fridge the meat juice didn't drip down on the butter for the cakes ;)

pickles7, Apr 7, 2:42am
scary. elliehen.

elliehen, Apr 7, 2:54am
Do you own a cafe, beaker!