CHICKEN CASSEROLE

jog05, Apr 5, 6:16am
ok i brought a couple of cheap small chickens the other day as i had flash backs to a chicken casserole we had as kids made from left over roast chook. now im sure it had sweet corn in it too. has any one please have a recipe that resembles this or even another variation (no mushrooms please). thank you !!

fifie, Apr 5, 7:42am
I often use up left over chook this way. Make a cheesy white sauce not to thick, then pre cook some pasta in boiling water drain, soften diced onion, chopped garlic and some bacon pieces in a little butter and oil in a pan add pasta, onion bacon, etc and cut up pieces of chicken to white sauce season with salt and pepper andchopped parsley. Mix all throughPour into a greased oven proof dish, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and some grated cheese put in a pre heated oven about 180c for about 40 mins till top is golden and sauce is bubbling away. This is ideal to use up your fridge leftover vegs, or a handful of frozen corn, or mixed vegs as well if you want.

sumstyle, Apr 5, 8:21am
yum fifie!

jog05, Apr 5, 9:32pm
very yum......still hunting for a casserole more so than a pasta dish....all else fails i will definitely try this one though :)

scrappy-doo, Apr 6, 4:24am
Brown chicken in the pan, and then add garlic, onion, celery and carrot. Cook for a few minutes then add liquid. (Half chicken stock, half white wine is good). Add tin chopped tomatoes and a couple of tablespoons of tomatoe puree. Transfer to a casserole dish and bake for approx 1hr. (You may need to thicken the sauce first using cornflour). Make some herby scones/dumplings, place on top of casserole and cook for further 20 mins...delicious!

jog05, Apr 6, 6:16am
ok i brought a couple of cheap small chickens the other day as i had flash backs to a chicken casserole we had as kids made from left over roast chook. now im sure it had sweet corn in it too. has any one please have a recipe that resembles this or even another variation (no mushrooms please). thank you !

jog05, Apr 6, 7:00am
mmmmmm sounds really good...thanks!!

jog05, Apr 6, 9:32pm
very yum.still hunting for a casserole more so than a pasta dish.all else fails i will definitely try this one though :)

scrappy-doo, Apr 7, 4:24am
Brown chicken in the pan, and then add garlic, onion, celery and carrot. Cook for a few minutes then add liquid. (Half chicken stock, half white wine is good). Add tin chopped tomatoes and a couple of tablespoons of tomatoe puree. Transfer to a casserole dish and bake for approx 1hr. (You may need to thicken the sauce first using cornflour). Make some herby scones/dumplings, place on top of casserole and cook for further 20 mins.delicious!

jog05, Apr 7, 7:00am
mmmmmm sounds really good.thanks!