PUMPKIN SOUP!

cerberus5, Apr 5, 3:28am
i have NEVER made a soup =/
i have no idea how to make a soup =/
sooooooooo i have a pumpkin growing in the garden, have no idea where it came from =/ am wanting to make a pumpkin soup so it doesnt go to waste, what is the easyiest recipe? and some handy hints and tips =]
im also wanting to make soups for this coming winter but ill start with this one =]
TIA

teddy147, Apr 5, 3:52am
i make a simple and easy pumkin soup
1/2 a lge pumkin cut into pieces
2 med onions
2tsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste
vegi stock or chicken stock
large bunch of parsley
1 T bsp butter
diced onions into 1/4s, in a lge soup pot melt the butter add the onions and pumkin and brown just a little.
add 1 litre of water,salt,stock powder,parsley you can add garlic.
bring to the boil then simmer for 1 hri use a stick blender and mix til smooth.
add pepper and salt to taste. sometimes I add a little cheese.

shelley39, Apr 5, 3:52am
pumpkin, 1 small/med potato, onion and cover with vege or chicken stock.If you have a crock pot cook it in that, otherwise on the stove.When soft and simmered for a while, mash or wizz up. add a sprinkle of nutmeg if you want and serve with a swirl of cream.

purplegoanna, Apr 5, 3:52am
go down to the Your favourite soup recipes?
thread my pumpkin soup recipe is in there....

cerberus5, Apr 5, 4:14am
i dont have a wizz thingy to puree it, any other way i can puree it?

harrislucinda, Apr 5, 4:35am
yesapotatomasherwillworkuntilfine

cerberus5, Apr 5, 4:57am
hahaha i dont even have one of them, we just use a fork to mash our potatos (we are just a young couple) looks like ill have to go shoping =]

mousely2, Apr 5, 5:03am
Pumpkin Soup!!!Love it...messy to make but ,O so so worth it...I use a Potato Masher too...

purplegoanna, Apr 5, 5:13am
can highly recommend this 365525624 for price and the peiople are great to deal with, ive thrashed mine for 3yrs and its still going strong...liked it so much i brought the toaster & jug in the same brand from the same people.

cottagerose, Apr 5, 5:15am
If you have a microwave you could cook your pumpkin first. Then peel and recook until its soft then you shouldnt have to mash up so much

gilligee, Apr 5, 5:35am
I like to roast my pumpkin and other veg before making soup as it gives a great flavour.

korbo, Apr 5, 5:39am
gosh, wished you lived closer, and i would give you a potato masher and some other utensils. my hubby always wants to know why i/we have 2/3 of all utensils.
Also soup is one of the most easist things to make. hopefully more people will help you. checkout your op shops for cooking books.or just google. if you can find some alisonholst books, you'll be on your way to be the best chef...
good luck

korbo, Apr 5, 5:41am
cerbus...look further down here in recipes, there is a thread for soups.

coreblimey, Apr 5, 10:29am
I always think a dash of curry powder makes a nice addition to a pumpkin soup.Plus a cup of orange juice added in the last 10 minutes is a different flavour..My favourite soup - I have grown lots of pumpkins and they are lined up on the hay bales in our barn awaiting my attention.YUM.

rozigurl, Apr 5, 12:52pm
Ok, for a easy peasy pumpkin soup that is super quick half and hr tops and is so tasty you wont believe. Cut some pumpkins up, skin off and boil em til they are cooked, drain the water. In another pot, make a basic white sauce, eg butter, flour, milk, salt n pepper, Then put them together in a blender, or use a blender wand and blend til nice and creamy. Lastly stir in some chopped parsley. So yum and its as easy as that!

cerberus5, Apr 6, 3:28am
i have NEVER made a soup =/
i have no idea how to make a soup =/
sooooooooo i have a pumpkin growing in the garden, have no idea where it came from =/ am wanting to make a pumpkin soup so it doesnt go to waste, what is the easyiest recipe! and some handy hints and tips =]
im also wanting to make soups for this coming winter but ill start with this one =]
TIA

purplegoanna, Apr 6, 3:52am
go down to the Your favourite soup recipes!
thread my pumpkin soup recipe is in there.

cerberus5, Apr 6, 4:14am
i dont have a wizz thingy to puree it, any other way i can puree it!

mousely2, Apr 6, 5:03am
Pumpkin Soup!Love it.messy to make but ,O so so worth it.I use a Potato Masher too.

purplegoanna, Apr 6, 5:13am
can highly recommend this 365525624 for price and the peiople are great to deal with, ive thrashed mine for 3yrs and its still going strong.liked it so much i brought the toaster & jug in the same brand from the same people.

korbo, Apr 6, 5:39am
gosh, wished you lived closer, and i would give you a potato masher and some other utensils. my hubby always wants to know why i/we have 2/3 of all utensils.
Also soup is one of the most easist things to make. hopefully more people will help you. checkout your op shops for cooking books.or just google. if you can find some alisonholst books, you'll be on your way to be the best chef.
good luck

korbo, Apr 6, 5:41am
cerbus.look further down here in recipes, there is a thread for soups.

coreblimey, Apr 6, 10:29am
I always think a dash of curry powder makes a nice addition to a pumpkin soup.Plus a cup of orange juice added in the last 10 minutes is a different flavour.My favourite soup - I have grown lots of pumpkins and they are lined up on the hay bales in our barn awaiting my attention.YUM.