Moist Banana Muffin recipe please

rarogal, Apr 3, 1:57am
Would appreciate your best one -TIA!!

jaky, Apr 3, 6:37am
My current fav is:Banana Bran muffins
3/4 C sugar (i use 2/3C), 1 C bran, 1 C flour, 4 tsp baking powder, 2 eggs, 100g butter melted, 1/2 C milk, 2 bananas mashed.
Preheat oven to 200c. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Beat eggs, melted butter & milk together with the bananas. Add dry ingredients and mix together to just combine. Spoon into the well greased muffin tins and bake for 10-15 mins.

lizab, Apr 3, 6:51am
I can only make muffins in 2 dozen batches, but here's my recipe (I say recipe, but I just throw it all together, especially the cream and milk)

5 c S/R flour, 3/4 c sugar, half tsp salt, about a cup of sultanas (if you want the extra fruit - leave out if you don't), chop up 4 brown bananas. Make a well in the middle of the flour, drop in your chopped bananas, don't stir yet. In separate jug, 4 x eggs and a good cup of thick cream (I have a house cow, so am lucky not to have to use butter for muffins!), whisk together, pour onto bananas in dry mixture, still not stirring yet, pour in approx 2 cups of milk (I just free pour, adding more if I need it) Stir gently together. Spoon into greased muffin tins. Bake at fan forced 190 degrees for 20 mins. Leave muffins in tin for 5 mins before turning out onto wire rack to cool. Can be frozen and reheated from frozen in microwave. (I live on a farm and make muffins all the time for morning tea)

lizab, Apr 3, 6:54am
I should also add that by using the basic muffin recipe above, you can substitute the bananas for chopped apples & mixed spice (sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top before baking), chopped apricots with orange zest/juice and choc chips, pineapple with coconut etc etc - the basic recipe is very good.

rarogal, Apr 3, 8:25am
sounds great - thank you both!!

poce, Apr 3, 2:12pm
I sure the "old" Edmonds cook book banana cake recipe and add currants, raisons chopped apples with chopped nuts any sortor any combination you like and put into muffins trays.

cj707, Apr 3, 5:35pm
Adding banana, apple and courgettes to any muffin recipe will help with keeping them moist.

rainrain1, Apr 3, 11:59pm
I have just made these.....very nice indeed

rarogal, Apr 4, 1:57am
Would appreciate your best one -TIA!

jaky, Apr 4, 2:31am
Glad you liked them. I got the recipe of here a couple of years ago. I make a couple of dozen & freeze them. Good excuse to have one a day to keep you regular ;)

lizab, Apr 4, 6:51am
I can only make muffins in 2 dozen batches, but here's my recipe (I say recipe, but I just throw it all together, especially the cream and milk)

5 c S/R flour, 3/4 c sugar, half tsp salt, about a cup of sultanas (if you want the extra fruit - leave out if you don't), chop up 4 brown bananas. Make a well in the middle of the flour, drop in your chopped bananas, don't stir yet. In separate jug, 4 x eggs and a good cup of thick cream (I have a house cow, so am lucky not to have to use butter for muffins!), whisk together, pour onto bananas in dry mixture, still not stirring yet, pour in approx 2 cups of milk (I just free pour, adding more if I need it) Stir gently together. Spoon into greased muffin tins. Bake at fan forced 190 degrees for 20 mins. Leave muffins in tin for 5 mins before turning out onto wire rack to cool. Can be frozen and reheated from frozen in microwave. (I live on a farm and make muffins all the time for morning tea)

rarogal, Apr 4, 8:25am
sounds great - thank you both!

rainrain1, Apr 4, 11:59pm
I have just made these.very nice indeed