Freezing tomatoes

kam04, Apr 2, 4:23am
Is there any special method or way to feeze tomatoes. Have heaps to get rid of. Have done the relish, sauce, jam thing, thanks.

teddy147, Apr 2, 4:27am
i have made pasta sauces , tomatoe patse and pizza sauce i have put 30 500ml containers in to my freezer, also soup. i did the last of our tomatoes today. i always freeze mine and never had any problems

jag5, Apr 2, 4:28am
Can freeze them whole....or I chop mine and put into ice cream containers to freeze.Take up less space.

Have you tried to dry any?If you don't have dehydrator...use the oven...then you can have your own dried tomatoes in olive oil when you want them for a fraction of the price.

harrislucinda, Apr 2, 4:29am
iliketobakeminewholeandsprinklewithbrownsugarthisishowmymumdidthemcoolthenfreeze

veejay13, Apr 2, 4:32am
I chop them up, cook them in their own juice (no water or salt or anything added), put them through the Mouli, then freeze.They can then be made into soup, added to stews etc. etc. and seasoned as required.

kam04, Apr 2, 10:35pm
Cheers, thanks for the comments

jag5, Apr 3, 5:28am
Can freeze them whole.or I chop mine and put into ice cream containers to freeze.Take up less space.

Have you tried to dry any!If you don't have dehydrator.use the oven.then you can have your own dried tomatoes in olive oil when you want them for a fraction of the price.