Whats you favourite rub for cooking a whole rump?

gerry64, Apr 1, 12:10am
my son has just emailed me - have only really done a mustard one - any other suggestions would be welcome - I know I can look on the net but really appreciate other peoples favourites

kinna54, Apr 3, 7:43am
An oldie given to me years ago By a butcherbut still use it,(and have seen it used recently by chefs) and have also used it on topside etc:
Just 1 pktdry French onion soup mix, rubbed all over the meat and marinated for a couple of hours before cooking.
My own favourite is to also add to the french onion soup mix:
Wholegarin mustard
Dash of horseradish, dash of crushed garlic(from the jar, the one that is processed in oil.)
Maybe add a couple of bay leaves.Combine ingredients to a paste, and spread over meat, marinade a couple of hours before cooking.

dbab, Apr 3, 7:51am
At the Farmer's Market yesterday, I bought some Smoked Garlic Salt. I'm looking forward to trying it on a roast. The lady selling it said it's also good in soups and with egg dishes

gerry64, Apr 3, 11:52am
cheers you two - will send uour ideas to him

dbab, Apr 4, 7:51am
At the Farmer's Market yesterday, I bought some Smoked Garlic Salt. I'm looking forward to trying it on a roast. The lady selling it said it's also good in soups and with egg dishes