Pea Puree recipe please

jack47, Mar 26, 4:15am
Apart from the peas what else goes into the puree and is using a food processor best to use. I am wanting quite a thick mixture I have only frozen peas will this work.
Thanks for any help

vintagekitty, Mar 26, 4:38am
Yep, Just cook as normal, drain. I add some olive oil, a couple of chopped up mint leaves and heaps of cracked pepper, sometimes I will add parmesan cheese or minced garlic

ruby19, Mar 26, 5:37am
Ithis is lovely.

Sea Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Large handful of Mint (about 6 sprigs), leaves only
500 g frozen peas
A few knobs of Butter

200 g crème fraichedd the mint leaves to a medium pan of boiling salted water. Bring back to the boil, then add the peas and blanch for 2–3 minutes until they are just tender and bright green. Drain, reserving the liquor.
Tip the peas and mint into a blender. Add just enough of the reserved liquor to cover the peas and whiz to a smooth, bright green purée. Add the butter and all but 4 tbsp crème fraîche. Season and pulse for a few seconds to combine.

horizons_, Mar 26, 6:27am
Try blending with mint sauce (home made is best imho), just add to taste, no need to add anything else and very tasty. Great cold with salads and on salad sandwhiches too.

jack47, Mar 28, 2:52am
Ruby 19 this was so yummy thankyou it will be a fav, thanks to other traders who answered all good ideas.

eastie3, Mar 28, 3:20am
I have used mint jelly and evoo(extra virgin olive oil) with plenty of salt and some black pepper to enhance the flavour.Sometimes I've also added either sour cream or mayo to loosen the mixture and use it to dress new potatoes for a salad.

davidt4, Mar 28, 3:48am
Pea and Sweet Basil Puree

500g frozen peas, cooked until just hot and drained well
big handful of fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper
120 ml extra virgin olive oil OR butter

Whizz in a processor to a puree and serve hot.This is a really good way of using the last of the summer's basil, which can be a bit too coarse to serve raw.

eastie3, Mar 29, 3:20am
I have used mint jelly and evoo(extra virgin olive oil) with plenty of salt and some black pepper to enhance the flavour.Sometimes I've also added either sour cream or mayo to loosen the mixture and use it to dress new potatoes for a salad.
I often use my stick blender instead of having to get the food processor out,it does a fine job.

davidt4, Mar 29, 3:48am
Pea and Sweet Basil Puree

500g frozen peas, cooked until just hot and drained well
big handful of fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper
120 ml extra virgin olive oil OR butter

Whizz in a processor to a puree and serve hot.This is a really good way of using the last of the summer's basil, which can be a bit too coarse to serve raw.

jack47, Apr 2, 9:39pm
Again davidt4 tried this version, its a beaut recipe and I had excess basil growing, I wonder if this puree would freeze? we had with rack of lamb and a really nice meal it was, thanks

davidt4, Apr 2, 10:26pm
I'd be wary of freezing the pea and basil puree as basil turns black quickly and looses its flavour.Leave it for a summer treat!

jack47, Apr 3, 12:17am
Good Idea, just made a heap of pesto as I found a fab recipe for stuffed chicken breasts with pesto and cream cheese. thanks for your help davidt4.

jack47, Apr 3, 9:39pm
Again davidt4 tried this version, its a beaut recipe and I had excess basil growing, I wonder if this puree would freeze! we had with rack of lamb and a really nice meal it was, thanks

davidt4, Apr 3, 10:26pm
I'd be wary of freezing the pea and basil puree as basil turns black quickly and looses its flavour.Leave it for a summer treat!