Hey guys...icing question

puggy13, Mar 25, 3:19am
I am after a recipe for icing. I have made one using butter and icing sugar before but cannot seem to find it :(
please can someone help??

flybye_in_a_rx7, Mar 25, 3:34am
i use one that has about 4 cups of icing sugar, 50g buter 50ml milk and 2 teaspoons of vanilla icing, nom nom!

pge, Mar 25, 3:42am
7 Lb of icing sugar to 1 pint of eggwhites.

This will give you traditional Royal Icing.

Good luck.

puggy13, Mar 25, 3:49am
I dont want royal icing. I am preggers so cant have raw egg.....

jan248, Mar 25, 6:13am
125g butter, 1 and a half cups of icing sugar and 2 tbsp of milk. If you want to make it into chocolate butter icing just add 1/3 cup of cocoa. It's yum.

sleyle, Mar 25, 10:29am
I never measure icing, just throw in icing sugar and cocoa if you want chocolate icing, make a well, put in a knob of butter and pour over a bit of boiling water.Add more water or icing sugar to get the right consistency.

seniorbones, Mar 25, 11:07am
Gosh thats a lot of butter! I dont measure either just use a big tablespoon and scoop about 4 heaped in a bowl with a large knob of butter and add boiling water tabs at a time until its ok.

jan248, Mar 25, 9:18pm
This is the recipe I use from a cake decorating book and is for a butter cream icing. it is devine.

puggy13, Mar 26, 3:19am
I am after a recipe for icing. I have made one using butter and icing sugar before but cannot seem to find it :(
please can someone help!

puggy13, Mar 26, 3:49am
I dont want royal icing. I am preggers so cant have raw egg.

nik12, Mar 26, 5:57am
I do 6 heaped T of icing sugar in a bowl, add maybe 25 - 50 grams melted butter (depending how decadent I'm feeling), and hot water out of the jug 'till it's about right.1T of cocoa for chocolate. So basically the same as above.

I usually stuff up the water and have to add more icing sugar so then end up with too much for the cake, but husband never complains lol.

jan248, Mar 26, 6:13am
125g butter, 1 and a half cups of icing sugar and 2 tbsp of milk. If you want to make it into chocolate butter icing just add 1/3 cup of cocoa. It's yum.

kuaka, Mar 26, 8:02am
I don't measure either, and if I'm doing chocolate icing, I start by putting the cocoa in the basin and pour boiling water over it to dissolve the cocoa, then add a good knob of butter and mix that in, and then keep sprinkling icing sugar on until I've got the right consistency.I find doing it that way the cocoa blends better with the icing sugar and the icing has a nice shine to it rather than being dull.

lilyfield, Mar 26, 8:51am
kuaka- that is perfect

splitty, Mar 26, 10:49pm
This is the same as Jan248's one but I have put the method as well. Hope this is the one you are looking for.

Vienna Cream

125g Butter
1 1/2 Cups icing sugar
2 Tablespoons Milk

Have butter and milk at room temp, place butter in a bowl and beat it until it is as white as possible, gradually add about half the sifted icing sugar, beating constantly, add milk gradually, then gradually beat in the remaining icing sugar. it should be smooth and easy to spread.

nik12, Mar 27, 5:57am
I do 6 heaped T of icing sugar in a bowl, add maybe 25 - 50 grams melted butter (depending how decadent I'm feeling), and hot water out of the jug 'till it's about right.1T of cocoa for chocolate. So basically the same as above.

I usually stuff up the water and have to add more icing sugar so then end up with too much for the cake, but husband never complains lol.

kuaka, Mar 27, 8:02am
I don't measure either, and if I'm doing chocolate icing, I start by putting the cocoa in the basin and pour boiling water over it to dissolve the cocoa, then add a good knob of butter and mix that in, and then keep sprinkling icing sugar on until I've got the right consistency.I find doing it that way the cocoa blends better with the icing sugar and the icing has a nice shine to it rather than being dull.

splitty, Mar 27, 10:49pm
This is the same as Jan248's one but I have put the method as well. Hope this is the one you are looking for.

Vienna Cream

125g Butter
1 1/2 Cups icing sugar
2 Tablespoons Milk

Have butter and milk at room temp, place butter in a bowl and beat it until it is as white as possible, gradually add about half the sifted icing sugar, beating constantly, add milk gradually, then gradually beat in the remaining icing sugar. it should be smooth and easy to spread.