Shortcrust for Mini lemon Honey Tarts

beewee, Mar 23, 5:55am
I need a recipe for mini lemon honey tarts for a wedding.Need to make about 150. very small tarts

jessie981, Mar 23, 6:09am
Sweet Short Pastry (Edmonds)
225gr flour
1/4tsp salt
125gr butter
1tsp b/powder
25gr sugar
1 egg yolk
cold water to mix
Sift flour & salt, rub in butter with tips of fingers, add dry ingredients & egg yolk. Mix to a very stiff dough with a little water. (if too much water is used pastry will be tough). cut into shapes & do not handle more than necessary. Bake 200 approx 10 -15 mins or until golden brown.

gardie, Mar 23, 6:15am
Jo Seagar's recipe is great - just icing sugar butter and flour - I'm sure it'll be on her website.I just roll it into balls and press into mini muffin tins, freeze for about 20 mins then cook.(Sorry I don't have the quantities).

sue1955, Mar 23, 6:27am
Think I'd cheat & use the Sweet Short Pastry Sheets & Barkers Lemon Curd.

kimkat1, Mar 23, 5:40pm
was just thinking that....

sue62, Mar 23, 9:42pm
This is Jo Seagers recipe for the pastry. In this case used for pecan pies

Baby Pecan Pies
-------------------------------
--------------------

These are delicious served warm as a dessert or can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. They also freeze well. It's best not to double the recipe, if you want to make more just make a second batch after the first.

--------------------

Ingredients
For the pastry:
125g butter
1 cup flour
1/2 cup icing sugar
For the filling:
1 cup pecan nuts
60 g butter
1 egg
1 cup soft brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

--------------------

Method
Spray two 12 cup mini muffins tins with non stick baking spray. Place ingredients into a food processor and run machine until the pastry clumps around the blade. Divide pastry into 16 small balls and, with floured hands, press into the bases and up the sides of 16 muffin trays. Place the pastry-lined tins in the freezer to chill for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is really firm and hard. Divide the nuts between the pastry-lined cups, breaking the nuts in half if necessary. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C. Melt the butter, whisk in the egg, brown sugar and vanilla essence until smooth but somewhat gluey. Using a small jug, pour approximately a teaspoon of this mixture into each nut filled cup and bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the filling set and crisp. remove from the oven for 5 minutes in the tins, until the pies are cool enough to handle. Give each pie a little twist to loosen the bottom, then carefully lift out to cool completely on a wire rack.

gardie, Mar 24, 6:15am
Jo Seagar's recipe is great - just icing sugar butter and flour - I'm sure it'll be on her website.I just roll it into balls and press into mini muffin tins, freeze for about 20 mins then cook.(Sorry I don't have the quantities).

sue1955, Mar 24, 6:27am
Think I'd cheat & use the Sweet Short Pastry Sheets & Barkers Lemon Curd.

kimkat1, Mar 24, 5:40pm
was just thinking that.

sue62, Mar 24, 9:42pm
This is Jo Seagers recipe for the pastry. In this case used for pecan pies

Baby Pecan Pies
--------------------

These are delicious served warm as a dessert or can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. They also freeze well. It's best not to double the recipe, if you want to make more just make a second batch after the first.

--------------------

Ingredients
For the pastry:
125g butter
1 cup flour
1/2 cup icing sugar
For the filling:
1 cup pecan nuts
60 g butter
1 egg
1 cup soft brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

--------------------

Method
Spray two 12 cup mini muffins tins with non stick baking spray. Place ingredients into a food processor and run machine until the pastry clumps around the blade. Divide pastry into 16 small balls and, with floured hands, press into the bases and up the sides of 16 muffin trays. Place the pastry-lined tins in the freezer to chill for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is really firm and hard. Divide the nuts between the pastry-lined cups, breaking the nuts in half if necessary. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C. Melt the butter, whisk in the egg, brown sugar and vanilla essence until smooth but somewhat gluey. Using a small jug, pour approximately a teaspoon of this mixture into each nut filled cup and bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the filling set and crisp. remove from the oven for 5 minutes in the tins, until the pies are cool enough to handle. Give each pie a little twist to loosen the bottom, then carefully lift out to cool completely on a wire rack.