Gluten free rice risotto recipe please

chuckles1956, Mar 22, 5:12am
does anyone have a yummy recipe please

painterman, Mar 22, 5:17am
What gluten do you need to put in it???

Get some rice, wash it and rinse it.

Put a large knob of butter (old a tsb of oil)in a big pan, add chopped onions, garlic, melt it, add the rice, add half a cup of white wine, finely chopped carrot, slowly add water....

The rest is what ever you have - vegetables, nuts, salt and pepper, paprika.. I like to put split black lentils in mine....Spinach? Or cheese... You can put chicken in it if you eat meat... can of tomatoes? Top off with some fresh basil.

The key is to do it slowly and keep stirring it so it doesn't burn.

Think I might whip one up :)

chuckles1956, Mar 22, 5:27am
Thanks,the ones you buy have gluten in them so have to make it from scratch but didnt know recipes.Thanks

245sam, Mar 22, 5:34am
chuckles1956, a reason that most of the packeted rice risottos have gluten in them is because many (but not all depending on the flavour choice) include the rice-shaped pasta (risone/risoni aka orzo).:-))

painterman, Mar 23, 5:17am
What gluten do you need to put in it!

Get some rice, wash it and rinse it.

Put a large knob of butter (old a tsb of oil)in a big pan, add chopped onions, garlic, melt it, add the rice, add half a cup of white wine, finely chopped carrot, slowly add water.

The rest is what ever you have - vegetables, nuts, salt and pepper, paprika. I like to put split black lentils in mine.Spinach! Or cheese. You can put chicken in it if you eat meat. can of tomatoes! Top off with some fresh basil.

The key is to do it slowly and keep stirring it so it doesn't burn.

Think I might whip one up :)