Giant Cupcake Frosting

tahnasha, Mar 21, 10:47pm
OK, I've brought one of the giant cupcake pans to try out, they were only $5.00 at K Mart yesterday.

Would you put icing or frosting on it?I looked up a recipe for how to make frosting like the Americans make it, and it's the same recipe as icing, except they ask for 150gms of butter.Does frosting set like icing and is it overly sweet?

I'm not sure what to do with it, since I had this great idea of buying this cake pan, LOL.

gardie, Mar 21, 10:51pm
You could try meringue buttercream.Heaps of recipes online.I have a friend who does them to sell and this is what she uses.

tahnasha, Mar 21, 10:56pm
OK thanks, I'll look it up.

caro25, Mar 21, 11:03pm
i just use butter cream
100g butter
2 cup icing sugar
2 Tbs milk
Then add flavor or coloring to suit

tahnasha, Mar 21, 11:06pm
Do I put cream in the middle of the two layers?Sorry, haven't done this before.

caro25, Mar 21, 11:14pm
depends on what you want i just use a bit of the icing to stick it together
or jam

fogs, Mar 22, 12:55am
I just made a giant cupcake for my mum's birthday cake I used Jam in the middle and a buttercream icing on top I am pleased I didn't use the butter icing in the middle it would have been too sickly. I used Orange essence in the mix and made the butter icing orange flavour and then put a crumbled chocolate flake on top

tahnasha, Mar 22, 1:53am
Thanks, so if my recipe says cook for 4-45 mins, do I just half the time more or less.

tahnasha, Mar 22, 10:47pm
OK, I've brought one of the giant cupcake pans to try out, they were only $5.00 at K Mart yesterday.

Would you put icing or frosting on it!I looked up a recipe for how to make frosting like the Americans make it, and it's the same recipe as icing, except they ask for 150gms of butter.Does frosting set like icing and is it overly sweet!

I'm not sure what to do with it, since I had this great idea of buying this cake pan, LOL.

tahnasha, Mar 22, 10:56pm
OK thanks, I'll look it up.

tahnasha, Mar 22, 11:06pm
Do I put cream in the middle of the two layers!Sorry, haven't done this before.

fogs, Mar 23, 12:55am
I just made a giant cupcake for my mum's birthday cake I used Jam in the middle and a buttercream icing on top I am pleased I didn't use the butter icing in the middle it would have been too sickly. I used Orange essence in the mix and made the butter icing orange flavour and then put a crumbled chocolate flake on top

moggie57, Mar 23, 5:06am
i saw these cupcake pans as well...they are cool,forgot to go back and buy one. I would use butter icing...and marhmellow would be good in the middle of it!...YUM !

jaydan1, Mar 23, 5:33am
I made an icing the other day and it was beautiful. Didn't follow a recipe, just threw it together.
I warmed a little bit of cream ( maybe 1/4 cup) then put in a packet of milk choc melts and slowly melted them into the warmed cream. I then made a normal icing using icing sugar etc and mixed the 2 together. It was very yummo. Sorry, don't have exact amounts as usually I just make things up as I go.

moggie57, Mar 24, 5:06am
i saw these cupcake pans as well.they are cool,forgot to go back and buy one. I would use butter icing.and marhmellow would be good in the middle of it!.YUM !

jaydan1, Mar 24, 5:33am
I made an icing the other day and it was beautiful. Didn't follow a recipe, just threw it together.
I warmed a little bit of cream ( maybe 1/4 cup) then put in a packet of milk choc melts and slowly melted them into the warmed cream. I then made a normal icing using icing sugar etc and mixed the 2 together. It was very yummo. Sorry, don't have exact amounts as usually I just make things up as I go.