Bread Cases for school lunches

wimwom, Mar 21, 8:56pm
can anyone give me a recipe for these please.

korbo, Mar 21, 8:59pm
i guess you mean the ones you put a filling in.
cut rounds of bread, butter one side, put into muffin tins and bake. then fill with something nice.
i usually put the filling in then cook altogether.
my kids fav was cold mashed potato,an egg,cheese, bit of ham or bacon,and put inside the case

wimwom, Mar 21, 9:04pm
thanks korbo that is what I need

elliehen, Mar 22, 12:19am
I was frugal and cut the bread diagonally, then worked the triangle around the muffin cup, butter side down, to fit (no crusts left over, unless you planned to save them for breadcrumbs...).

It's a good idea to put a sprinkle of grated cheese on the base first so that it doesn't go soggy.On top of this I put an egg whisked with a dash of milk, finely chopped onion, capsicum, parsley, salt & pepper, corn etc

korbo, Mar 22, 12:57am
elliehen, a shop in napier used to sell the most delicious bread things. asked one day and thats what they did, put the cheese in the bottom as wel as butter on both sides, to stop the egg soaking. gee feel hungry now for one of them but the shop isno longer there
Elliehen, have you been following my no set jam threads. still angry how it hasnt set.

elliehen, Mar 23, 12:19am
I was frugal and cut the bread diagonally, then worked the triangle around the muffin cup, butter side down, to fit (no crusts left over, unless you planned to save them for breadcrumbs.).

It's a good idea to put a sprinkle of grated cheese on the base first so that it doesn't go soggy.On top of this I put an egg whisked with a dash of milk, finely chopped onion, capsicum, parsley, salt & pepper, corn etc

Edited to add:I baked them all in one go - filling and base together.