Curry and rice

dorothy_vdh, Mar 21, 3:25am
Beef curry in the oven now, but I just know from the smell I have been a bit heavy handed on the curry powder.What can I add to "tone/cool" it down a bit.
Thanks

dollertree, Mar 21, 3:29am
How do you cook curry in oven? Are you going have a little gravy type or dry? You might like to add some potatoes if the curry powder is too much.

dorothy_vdh, Mar 21, 3:31am
in oven with gravy,anything else I could use i don't generally eat potatoes?

davidt4, Mar 21, 3:33am
Yoghurt or cream or coconut cream .

ant_sonja, Mar 21, 3:33am
Depends on what type of curry you're making but plain yogurt might be good to help tone it down..

lizab, Mar 21, 3:35am
I'd wait til you taste it before doing anything - it might be perfect as it is! If it is too hot, maybe swirl through some cream or plain yogurt if you have any??

hollypc, Mar 21, 3:37am
you could serve with it some chopped beetroot, cucumber , red onion , tomatoes.helps the heat ,

dorothy_vdh, Mar 21, 3:45am
thanks for the replies,I can work something from them

dollertree, Mar 22, 3:29am
How do you cook curry in oven! Are you going have a little gravy type or dry! You might like to add some potatoes if the curry powder is too much.

dorothy_vdh, Mar 22, 3:31am
in oven with gravy,anything else I could use i don't generally eat potatoes!

ant_sonja, Mar 22, 3:33am
Depends on what type of curry you're making but plain yogurt might be good to help tone it down.

lizab, Mar 22, 3:35am
I'd wait til you taste it before doing anything - it might be perfect as it is! If it is too hot, maybe swirl through some cream or plain yogurt if you have any!