??CHCH COOKBOOK -> VEGETABLE RECIPES NEEDED ??

pixiegirl, Mar 21, 1:53am
Hi there, do you have an original and popular vegetable recipe shared on this MB? If you do, would you consider sharing the recipe in our upcoming TM Recipe Book to fundraise for assistance to those in Christchurch?

As pickles has kindly reminded us, these must be YOUR recipes to give, and even better, if you could tell us a wee story about the history of the recipe ... the history can add so much meaning to the recipe itself ... and to our TM community too! Please do add confirmation that this recipe is able to be shared in the fundraising book ....

(People can also contact me through TradeMe cooks facebook page. I am Pat and have a kunekune on my profile pic- just search for page or if you like i can put up like for you)

Thanks in advance for your help Andrea (fastlanenz) and Pat (pixiegirl)

pixiegirl, Mar 22, 1:53am
Hi there, do you have an original and popular vegetable recipe shared on this MB! If you do, would you consider sharing the recipe in our upcoming TM Recipe Book to fundraise for assistance to those in Christchurch!

As pickles has kindly reminded us, these must be YOUR recipes to give, and even better, if you could tell us a wee story about the history of the recipe . the history can add so much meaning to the recipe itself . and to our TM community too! Please do add confirmation that this recipe is able to be shared in the fundraising book .

(People can also contact me through TradeMe cooks facebook page. I am Pat and have a kunekune on my profile pic- just search for page or if you like i can put up like for you)

Thanks in advance for your help Andrea (fastlanenz) and Pat (pixiegirl)

macandrosie, Apr 3, 7:22am
Is this what you're meaning?
Fettuccine with Spinach, Bacon & Leek

200gr fettuccine
1 tsp oil
1 leek sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
4 rashers chopped bacon
1 tabs lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
3/4 cup sour cream
40 gr baby spinach leaves
Sea salt
Shaved parmesan to serve
Cook pasta, drain but leave in pot to keep warm. Heat oil in pan, add leek, garlic, bacon & cook for about 4 mins until bacon is crisp. Set aside. Combine lemon juice with zest, sour cream. Pour this over pasta & toss with the bacon mixture, spinach leaves, sea salt & some freshly ground black pepper. Serve topped with parmesan, crusty bread & a simple green salad.

Zucchini Fritters with Tomato & Feta Salsa

3 medium zucchini, grated
½ red onion, peeled & finely chopped
1 large red chilli, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
125gr s/r flour
2 large eggs
4 tabs oil
125gr cherry tomatoes, halved
100gr feta
Handful fresh mint leaves
Juice of ½ lemon
Mix zucchini, onion, chilli, cumin, flour & eggs together & season to taste. Heat 1 tab oil in pan & drop in heaped tablespoons of batter. Cook 2-3 minutes each side till golden & cooked through. Mix the tomatoes, mint, lemon juice & feta together & serve on warm fritters.
Roast Pumpkin Couscous

500 gr peeled pumpkin, cut into 2cm chunks
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
1 red onion, cut into wedges
2 tabs oil
1 cup couscous
1½ cups boiling water
2 tabs lemon juice
Salt & pepper
¼ cup chopped fresh herbs

Place pumpkin, peppers, onion in a roasting pan. Drizzle with oil. Cook at 180-200°C for 20-25 mins or till cooked. Set aside. Into a bowl place the couscous, boiling water, lemon juice, & seasonings. Cover & leave to stand for 5 mins. Add the couscous to the roasted veges along with the chopped herbs. Serve with chicken breasts, steak or meat of your choice.

pixiegirl, Apr 3, 10:58pm
Great - many thanks guys

macandrosie, Apr 4, 7:22am
Is this what you're meaning!
Fettuccine with Spinach, Bacon & Leek

200gr fettuccine
1 tsp oil
1 leek sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
4 rashers chopped bacon
1 tabs lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
3/4 cup sour cream
40 gr baby spinach leaves
Sea salt
Shaved parmesan to serve
Cook pasta, drain but leave in pot to keep warm. Heat oil in pan, add leek, garlic, bacon & cook for about 4 mins until bacon is crisp. Set aside. Combine lemon juice with zest, sour cream. Pour this over pasta & toss with the bacon mixture, spinach leaves, sea salt & some freshly ground black pepper. Serve topped with parmesan, crusty bread & a simple green salad.

Zucchini Fritters with Tomato & Feta Salsa

3 medium zucchini, grated
½ red onion, peeled & finely chopped
1 large red chilli, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
125gr s/r flour
2 large eggs
4 tabs oil
125gr cherry tomatoes, halved
100gr feta
Handful fresh mint leaves
Juice of ½ lemon
Mix zucchini, onion, chilli, cumin, flour & eggs together & season to taste. Heat 1 tab oil in pan & drop in heaped tablespoons of batter. Cook 2-3 minutes each side till golden & cooked through. Mix the tomatoes, mint, lemon juice & feta together & serve on warm fritters.
Roast Pumpkin Couscous

500 gr peeled pumpkin, cut into 2cm chunks
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
1 red onion, cut into wedges
2 tabs oil
1 cup couscous
1½ cups boiling water
2 tabs lemon juice
Salt & pepper
¼ cup chopped fresh herbs

Place pumpkin, peppers, onion in a roasting pan. Drizzle with oil. Cook at 180-200°C for 20-25 mins or till cooked. Set aside. Into a bowl place the couscous, boiling water, lemon juice, & seasonings. Cover & leave to stand for 5 mins. Add the couscous to the roasted veges along with the chopped herbs. Serve with chicken breasts, steak or meat of your choice.