Kids lunches please give me some ideas

luck3, Mar 21, 1:07am
we have 5 children 13,10,9,5,4 i seem to put the same old thing in every day and need some other ideas, they have the norm fruit or veg etc etc some other ideas would be great

lizab, Mar 21, 1:20am
tell us what you put in them every day and we can tell you what else you could try :)

momo24, Mar 21, 1:43am
try teriyaki chicken wraps, they are super easy and kids love them, u just make up a teryaki chicken and put it in a wrap with lettuce and and grated carrot, or whatever else you have: here the recipe:
2 chicken breasts chopped into strips and placed in a bowl to marinade for half hour with 3 Tbspn each of soy sauce, and runny honey 1 garlic clove crushed, 1 Tbspn sesame oil and 1 tspn chopped ginger. grill or pan fry chicken and set aside to cool , coat in natural yoghurt (optional) and divide them among foru totilla wraps, and add the rest of ingredients. then wrap tightly , then wrap in gladwrap. or string to hold in place. easy and yummy.

jbl, Mar 21, 1:47am
try piklets, carrot sticks, crackers, diced cheese, wraps, cold quiche. Make jelly & fruit, instants puddings...

jbl, Mar 21, 1:49am
I have the same prob in my house, trying to make it interesting so it doesnt come home again... im just about to make sum sticky buns.

emmapear, Mar 21, 4:19am
Pizza scrolls, mini pies, sausage in a roll with cheese and sauce, savoury muffins are all things I do.

kinna54, Mar 21, 5:51am
fruit pieces with a yoghurt dip. To stop apple slices etc going brown dip in pineapple juice, lemon or fruit juice. My little granddaughter always asks for a slice of luncheon with a slice of cheese wrapped inside and rolled up with a toothpick. Wraps, mini muffins, fruit skewers, muesli bars (home made are economical) nuts, raisins.

lx4000, Mar 21, 8:22am
pancakes, muffins, toasted sandwiches, mousetraps, scones,quiches all of which can be frozen down. Salads, thermos with soup or hot water for 2 min noodles, hard boiled eggs to name a few.

fee1965, Mar 21, 8:28am
These are great - and the kids can make them themselves:

Split 12 english muffins and lay on a baking sheet.Have ready for the kids:
tomato paste
basil pesto
cheese
onion
ham
salami
spaghetti
capsicums
pineapple
mushrooms
Basically get them to top their own and bake in 1 hit.These freeze well too, put them in their boxes straight from the freezer, but lunchtime they are thawed.

fee1965, Mar 21, 8:29am
My teenage son (16yrs) loved these plus wraps were good too, but can be expensive with so much salad in them.The mini pizzas are good with leftovers on them too - eg: bolognase sauce

chooky, Mar 21, 8:52am
I made alot of different muffins, sauvory, cheese, coffee & white choc, choc & caramel.On the cheese and sauvory ones I cut and buttered, then wrapped them all up one at a time, in the morning I get 1 out for all of us, by morning tea they are ready to eat.I have just brought some texas muffin tins so Im going to make bacon and egg pies and freeze them the same.

jbl, Mar 22, 1:47am
try piklets, carrot sticks, crackers, diced cheese, wraps, cold quiche. Make jelly & fruit, instants puddings.

jbl, Mar 22, 1:49am
I have the same prob in my house, trying to make it interesting so it doesnt come home again. im just about to make sum sticky buns.