Easy licorice ice cream

donna23, Mar 20, 4:21am
Had a divine licorice(?sp) ice cream at restaurant, nasty colour but tasted wonderful, sny onr with any ideas how to do this at home. Tried chopping good licorice through good vanilla ice cream-definitely not the same!!

jessie981, Mar 20, 4:47am

knowsley, Mar 20, 5:00am
I have made it quite often before. I use good licorice and chop it up into small bits then add it to the cream and milk mix. It dissolves enough to flavour and colour the ice cream. You can add a star anise to infuse more flavour. Then just carry on as per normal ice cream making.

wildflower, Mar 21, 2:49am
I have a recipe for it I've never tried but I think you boiled the licorice briefly before hand.I've started making my own this summer but haven't got past hokey pokey and cookies and cream.Just with the cream, cond milk, vanilla essence recipe.Love licorice though so really should dig recipe out.

lizab, Mar 21, 3:32am
This is from 'Kiwi Kitchen' which was on tv a few years ago with Richard Till (he does those countdown ads)

Liquorice ice-cream

Ingredients

250 g Liquorice
500 ml cream, whipped
3 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
Boiling water.

Method

Break up liquorice and place in a bowl.
Barely cover liquorice with boiling water
Let soak for 30 min.
Put liquorice and water into blender and puree.
Fold whipped cream and liquorice together.
Beat the egg whites slowly adding the sugar until they form peaks
Gently fold beaten white with the cream and liquorice
Put in freezer until frozen.

donna23, Mar 21, 4:21am
Had a divine licorice(!sp) ice cream at restaurant, nasty colour but tasted wonderful, sny onr with any ideas how to do this at home. Tried chopping good licorice through good vanilla ice cream-definitely not the same!

jessie981, Mar 21, 4:47am

wildflower, Mar 22, 2:41am
Yep this is the recipe I've got, must try it soon.

wildflower, Mar 22, 2:49am
I have a recipe for it I've never tried but I think you boiled the licorice briefly before hand.I've started making my own this summer but haven't got past hokey pokey and cookies and cream.Just with the cream, cond milk, vanilla essence recipe.Love licorice though so really should dig recipe out.

lizab, Mar 22, 3:32am
This is from 'Kiwi Kitchen' which was on tv a few years ago with Richard Till (he does those countdown ads)

Liquorice ice-cream

Ingredients

250 g Liquorice
500 ml cream, whipped
3 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
Boiling water.

Method

Break up liquorice and place in a bowl.
Barely cover liquorice with boiling water
Let soak for 30 min.
Put liquorice and water into blender and puree.
Fold whipped cream and liquorice together.
Beat the egg whites slowly adding the sugar until they form peaks
Gently fold beaten white with the cream and liquorice
Put in freezer until frozen.

wildflower, Mar 23, 2:41am
Yep this is the recipe I've got, must try it soon.

guest, Dec 22, 3:44am
I've made this ice-cream and it's FABULOUS. A real crowd pleaser