Ideas on how to cook a topside roast...

frosty429, Mar 18, 11:35pm
i useally do it in the crockpot with a bit of water and a beef oxo cube, wanting to know if you can do it a diffrent way without making it dry.
Thanks

petal1955, Mar 19, 12:10am
Try putting it in an oven bag with a Maggi Taste of Asia Black Bean Mix..........

teddy147, Mar 19, 12:12am
I rub our roast in a mixture of dry mustard,flour and salt and pepper, then brown it off in a large frying pan.
put into crock pot with thyme, sliced onions and half a cup of red wine.
then i thicken the juices with musard and flour.

kinna54, Mar 19, 2:59am
Hope this is not too late and it's already in the oven, but here's a suggestion a butcher gave me, which I used to cook an enourmous topside roast for a recent gathering.
Sprinkle a packet of French Onion soup over the meat, place in an oven bag, with a TBSP seed mustard and a bay leaf.*if no roasting bag wrap in tin foil.*
Note when carving a topside roast carve with the grain or the meat will be tough!.

frosty429, Mar 19, 10:30pm
Not too late, plan on having it for tonight and have a few of them so can try all the ideas, Thanks!

petal1955, Mar 20, 12:10am
Try putting it in an oven bag with a Maggi Taste of Asia Black Bean Mix.

karenz, Mar 20, 12:54am
Personally I sear on all sides inolive oil, grate a little black pepper over the top, drape generously with bacon and put it in a baking dish in a preheated oven and cook slowly, the pan juices make a lovely gravy too.

ruth2bears, Mar 20, 1:22am
Here's another idea... put in a crock pot with a can of watties creamy mushroom condensed soup, some satueed onions and sliced mushrooms and some peppercorns. Cook on low and it will be like steak and mushrooms!

kinna54, Mar 20, 2:59am
Hope this is not too late and it's already in the oven, but here's a suggestion a butcher gave me, which I used to cook an enourmous topside roast for a recent gathering.
Sprinkle a packet of French Onion soup over the meat, place in an oven bag, with a TBSP seed mustard and a bay leaf.*if no roasting bag wrap in tin foil.*
Note when carving a topside roast carve with the grain or the meat will be tough!.

ruth2bears, Mar 21, 1:22am
Here's another idea. put in a crock pot with a can of watties creamy mushroom condensed soup, some satueed onions and sliced mushrooms and some peppercorns. Cook on low and it will be like steak and mushrooms!