Banana Cake with no milk? Is it possible

kelz141, Mar 18, 11:31pm
Hi there I have no milk and wondering if anyone knows a recipe which you dont need milk for? Dont have sour cream or yoghurt either

Thanks,
Kelly

lilyfield, Mar 19, 12:38am
just use you ordinary recipe- where it says devolve soda in milk- use water. Or if you have -- a bit of milkpowder added?

tarshlove, Mar 19, 1:25am
I've seen one with mayo in it

christineraewyn, Mar 19, 1:51am
x1
This is the best Banana cake, always turns out nice -Cream together
4oz butter-8oz sugar ADD 2 eggs, half tsp B Soda ,9 oz S.R.F ,1 tsp vanilla essence and 1 cup mashed banana Lastly add 6 Tblsp water. Mix well and pour into lined cake tin. Bake 40 Min in a Mod oven.

kiwigoldie, Mar 19, 7:10am
I just made your Chocolate Yoghurt Banana cake, and it was so completely divine and perfect, enjoyed under a Central Otago sunset, that I urge you to try it too!
*Banana Chocolate Yogurt Cake
2 cups sugar, 200g butter or marg, 3 cups self raising flour, 2 eggs, 2 tsp baking soda, 1 cup boiling water, 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence, 2 mashed bananas, ½ cup cocoa, ¼ tsp salt. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Turn mixture in to medium roasting dish and bake at 180C for an hour. That’s it. Note, I pour the boiling water over the butter/marg to melt it. You don’t have to use plain yogurt. I have used fruit flavoured and it is lovely. I have also left out the cocoa altogether and not replaced it with anything. Bananas can be replaced with other soft fruit. So there you go. Very versatile. It will work fine in two smaller cake tins or even as muffins.* In my oven it took an hour and 10 minutes.*

as per a previous thread...this one doesnt have milk.

kelz141, Mar 19, 11:31pm
Hi there I have no milk and wondering if anyone knows a recipe which you dont need milk for! Dont have sour cream or yoghurt either

Thanks,
Kelly

lilyfield, Mar 20, 12:38am
just use you ordinary recipe- where it says devolve soda in milk- use water. Or if you have -- a bit of milkpowder added!

tarshlove, Mar 20, 1:25am
I've seen one with mayo in it

kiwigoldie, Mar 20, 7:10am
I just made your Chocolate Yoghurt Banana cake, and it was so completely divine and perfect, enjoyed under a Central Otago sunset, that I urge you to try it too!
*Banana Chocolate Yogurt Cake
2 cups sugar, 200g butter or marg, 3 cups self raising flour, 2 eggs, 2 tsp baking soda, 1 cup boiling water, 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence, 2 mashed bananas, ½ cup cocoa, ¼ tsp salt. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Turn mixture in to medium roasting dish and bake at 180C for an hour. That’s it. Note, I pour the boiling water over the butter/marg to melt it. You don’t have to use plain yogurt. I have used fruit flavoured and it is lovely. I have also left out the cocoa altogether and not replaced it with anything. Bananas can be replaced with other soft fruit. So there you go. Very versatile. It will work fine in two smaller cake tins or even as muffins.* In my oven it took an hour and 10 minutes.*

as per a previous thread.this one doesnt have milk.

christineraewyn, Apr 6, 4:55am
bump for those with lots of bananas

beaker59, Apr 6, 6:24am
I like a tot or two of Dark rum in my Banana cakes.

l-eagle, Apr 6, 6:34am
Here is another - usually called "banana pudding" - 100g butter, 100g self raising flour, 100g sugar, 2 eggs, 2 or 3 bananas & 2 tablespoons milk ( can substitute water). Mix everything together, you can slice 1/2 banana on surface if you wish in a microwave dish. Microwave 10 minutes until it comes away from the sides of the dish. It is lovely- bit different to my usual Edmonds recipe banana cake, moist & does not need icing.