Alfajores - milk caramel biscuit - South America

rachsta, Mar 18, 3:36am
Has anyone heard of the biscuits "alfajores", a south american biscuit with Dulce de leche (milk caramel filling)? I would love to buy some within NZ, can anyone help?

jcprotea, Mar 18, 4:08am

munterrific, Mar 18, 6:29am

ashanti, Mar 18, 6:30am
No, but I love dulce de leche, but gosh it takes a long time to make it!

rachsta, Mar 19, 3:36am
Has anyone heard of the biscuits "alfajores", a south american biscuit with Dulce de leche (milk caramel filling)! I would love to buy some within NZ, can anyone help!

gabriel258, Mar 20, 1:25am
I come from Argentina and unfortunately as far as I know you can not buy alfajores here. That is the reason why a keep them very jealously in the freezer.

rachsta, Mar 21, 1:26am
Thank you all so much. Mateshop do not stock them at this time. Gracias!

jcprotea, Mar 21, 5:33am
I am going to try and make my own vegan friendly version for myself.

blands70, Mar 23, 2:22am
There is a Uruguayan couple in Hamilton that run 'La Rosa Latin Bakery', they make alfajores and loads of other delicious treats! They don't have a shop but do catering and sell their wares at local markets and events. www.larosalatinbakery.co.nz

wahinetoa62, Mar 23, 9:17am
oh dear I see they have a filling of mouse....would have been great at the wildfood festival....

munterrific, Mar 23, 10:57pm
no, not mouse, MOUSSE! :/ they're delicious!

blands70, Mar 24, 2:22am
There is a Uruguayan couple in Hamilton that run 'La Rosa Latin Bakery', they make alfajores and loads of other delicious treats! They don't have a shop but do catering and sell their wares at local markets and events. www.larosalatinbakery.co.nz

wahinetoa62, Mar 24, 9:17am
oh dear I see they have a filling of mouse.would have been great at the wildfood festival.

munterrific, Mar 24, 10:57pm
no, not mouse, MOUSSE! :/ they're delicious!