What goes with honey soy chicken nibbles for tea?

1dragonfly, Mar 18, 2:26am
Other than fries :o) I am trying to be at least a little creative!

korbo, Mar 18, 2:33am
coleslaw or a nice lettuce salad, and i guess fries, or hashbrowns, or roasted spuds...maybe a pasta dish. you used to be able to buy a satay pasta mix and we often had that with nibbles. dont think you can buy it now.

momma1, Mar 18, 2:37am
home made fried rice and a really spicy satay sauce

dollertree, Mar 18, 2:46am
Boiled Taro.......thin slices

davidt4, Mar 18, 2:48am
Tea?Do you mean afternoon tea or dinner?If it's for afternoon tea you could serve green tea rather than black tea.

1dragonfly, Mar 18, 3:02am
oops, I mean dinner I guess! Salad + Fries/rice it will be I guess, dont have any taro (planted in the garden though lol)

lythande1, Mar 18, 3:13am
x1
Fried Noodles.
300 g yellow noodles
1/4 cup white sesame seeds
2 tablespoons cooking oil
4 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
2 teaspoons red chili, chopped finely
100 g button mushrooms, sliced thinly
1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar

Heat a dry pan on moderate heat and toast the sesame seeds for about 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan gently until golden. Remove immediately from the pan to prevent burning. Use a food mill to crush the toasted sesame seeds.Heat up a wok on moderate high heat and add in half the combined oil. Stir-fry the garlic, chili, onionfor 2-3 minutes, remove and set aside. S

Add the remaining oil to the wok and add the red pepper and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until just crisp. Add the soy sauce, sugar, water and noodles to the wok. Toss gently to separate and coat the noodles in the liquid. Cover with a lid and steam for about 5 minutes, tossing well. . Sprinkle with crushed sesame seeds and serve hot.

1dragonfly, Mar 18, 3:43am
ooh thanks! that sounds fab!

nzl99, Mar 18, 4:15am
I'm of the stirfried vege/noodle camp too...

OR... making an 'oriental' type salad...

petal-pickle, Mar 18, 4:54am
Thats what we've got too, wewill have a bit of a mixed up dinner, made it a couple of weeks ago and kids love the fact that they have lots to pick and choose from...we have fried halloumi (greek cheese), french bread filled with ham, cheese, tomato and mayo with it, also made punch last time but tonite the eldest is making yummy vanilla milkshakes all round, YUM!!

kinna54, Mar 18, 5:15am
noodles, cabbage, rice.

alebix, Mar 18, 5:17am
They all sound yum, I only ever serve just the nibble as a lazy tea for us.Shocking I know.

korbo, Mar 19, 2:33am
coleslaw or a nice lettuce salad, and i guess fries, or hashbrowns, or roasted spuds.maybe a pasta dish. you used to be able to buy a satay pasta mix and we often had that with nibbles. dont think you can buy it now.

dollertree, Mar 19, 2:46am
Boiled Taro.thin slices

davidt4, Mar 19, 2:48am
Tea!Do you mean afternoon tea or dinner!If it's for afternoon tea you could serve green tea rather than black tea.

nzl99, Mar 19, 4:15am
I'm of the stirfried vege/noodle camp too.

OR. making an 'oriental' type salad.

petal-pickle, Mar 19, 4:54am
Thats what we've got too, wewill have a bit of a mixed up dinner, made it a couple of weeks ago and kids love the fact that they have lots to pick and choose from.we have fried halloumi (greek cheese), french bread filled with ham, cheese, tomato and mayo with it, also made punch last time but tonite the eldest is making yummy vanilla milkshakes all round, YUM!