petal1955, Mar 18, 12:25am
289&q=cook+islands+food+re-
cipes&aq=1&aqi=g3g-c1g-
-m1g-v5&aql=&oq=cook+i-
slands++food

petal1955, Mar 18, 12:26am
Do a google search on "Cook Islands Foods recipes'

omokoroa1, Mar 18, 12:30am
sometimes its not the same googling recipes ...............you get an instant answer here and the questions you ask are being answered by people that have tried you can go back to the post and there arecomments

dayfivenz, Mar 18, 2:22am
I'm also interested in if you have your own recipes that you would like to share with others, that have a definite Polynesian influence eg uses PI vegetables, fruit, fish, meat, coconuts etc.

dayfivenz, Mar 19, 12:01am
Hi,

Anyone have some Pacific Island / Polynesian recipes! I am looking for contemporary or traditional Polynesian recipes. Can be for any course - dessert, main, entree, lunch, breakfast etc.

Thanks

petal1955, Mar 19, 12:26am
Do a google search on "Cook Islands Foods recipes'

omokoroa1, Mar 19, 12:30am
sometimes its not the same googling recipes .you get an instant answer here and the questions you ask are being answered by people that have tried you can go back to the post and there arecomments

dayfivenz, Mar 19, 2:22am
I'm also interested in if you have your own recipes that you would like to share with others, that have a definite Polynesian influence eg uses PI vegetables, fruit, fish, meat, coconuts etc.

shyly, Mar 24, 7:39am
lol google is instant...took 24 mins for #1 to get a response. There are plenty of other NZ forums that share recipes as well..google is our friend!

shyly, Mar 25, 7:39am
lol google is instant.took 24 mins for #1 to get a response. There are plenty of other NZ forums that share recipes as well.google is our friend!

dayfivenz, Mar 26, 1:45am
x1
The reason why I ask is that over the last couple of years I have been collecting PI recipes with the intention of compiling incollaboration with my aunty a recipe book of island recipes - everything from Cook Island donuts, Cook Island potato and egg salad to chop suey, Niuean polo, pitako, pineapple pie etc. We will test all recipes and acknowledge all contributors of recipes that go into the book. There is no criteria over what the recipe should be or how island authentic it is. We acknowledge that island cuisine has been influenced by other ethnic recipes. Over the years it has become obvious to me that there is however a distinctive island cuisine borne out by attending a few Niuean functions etc. If you are keen to contribute please post. Regards.

jenniferanne, Mar 26, 3:06am
Hi
I know a 16 yr old girl from Samoa living away from home here in NZ and would love to make her something for easter, something sweet.any suggestions and recipes appreciated

papariccardo, Mar 26, 4:28am
Good luck & best wishes on this, I hope you succeed. It would make a great book - even better if you released it as a free ebook as well as a hard copy to sell.

dayfivenz, Mar 29, 1:37am
Hi there,

There is a Niuean dessert that you can make for her. Well it's almost a meal in itself. It's made out of 1 white taro (fresh), 1 paw paw and if I remember, 1 can of coconut cream. I will track down the recipe tonight and get back to you.

dayfivenz, Mar 29, 1:41am
The intention will be to sell hardcopies first (a limited number) and also provide it as an ebook. I will need to check with the other editor of the recipe book as to whether we provide it as a free ebook.

dayfivenz, Mar 30, 1:37am
Hi there,

There is a Niuean dessert that you can make for her. Well it's almost a meal in itself. It's made out of 1 white taro (fresh), 1 paw paw and if I remember, 1 can of coconut cream. I will track down the recipe tonight and get back to you.

jenniferanne, Apr 2, 10:26am
Hi dayfivenz
Thanks that would be great

dayfivenz, Apr 4, 8:28am
x1
Hi sorry it's been late in coming but here is the recipe for Takihi.

Takihi

Ingredients:
1 white taro peeled
1 can coconut cream
1 pawpaw peeled
1 tsp salt

Cut white taro in half lengthwise
Cut paw paw in half lengthwise
Grease 1 cooking dish with butter so that takihi does not stick.
Cut 1 half of white taro into slices as thin as a potato chip.
Cover bottom of dish.
Cut 1 half of pawpaw into slices as thick as a cream cracker.
Place over the 1st layer of white taro.
Cut 2nd half of white taro into slices as thin as a potato chip.
Place over the 1st layer of pawpaw.
Cut 2nd half of pawpaw into slices as thick as a cream cracker.
Place over the 2nd layer of white taro.
Sprinkle salt over the pawpaw.
If the coconut cream is a little too thick add a little bit of water,
Stir coconut cream until it has an even consistency before pouring over the pawpaw and taro.
Cover with lid or with foil. The key is to avoid letting the dish go too dry by not letting moisture escape.
Cook for 40 min at 180-190 degrees celsius.
This is my aunty's recipe - she normally uses an oven bag and foil instead of a dish.
Hope this gives you an idea of the recipes that will be in the book.

p_rock, Apr 4, 8:32am
Takihi is the shyt! Plenty of recipes, best to google.

dayfivenz, Apr 4, 9:03am
You're not making sense P_R.

There aren't that many recipes on google.

perle, Apr 4, 10:25am
yum raw fish!!!
i make with snapper the best!! and what about chop suey? yummmmmm

dayfivenz, Apr 5, 8:28am
Hi sorry it's been late in coming but here is the recipe for Takihi.

Takihi

Ingredients:
1 white taro peeled
1 can coconut cream
1 pawpaw peeled
1 tsp salt

Cut white taro in half lengthwise
Cut paw paw in half lengthwise
Grease 1 cooking dish with butter so that takihi does not stick.
Cut 1 half of white taro into slices as thin as a potato chip.
Cover bottom of dish.
Cut 1 half of pawpaw into slices as thick as a cream cracker.
Place over the 1st layer of white taro.
Cut 2nd half of white taro into slices as thin as a potato chip.
Place over the 1st layer of pawpaw.
Cut 2nd half of pawpaw into slices as thick as a cream cracker.
Place over the 2nd layer of white taro.
Sprinkle salt over the pawpaw.
If the coconut cream is a little too thick add a little bit of water,
Stir coconut cream until it has an even consistency before pouring over the pawpaw and taro.
Cover with lid or with foil. The key is to avoid letting the dish go too dry by not letting moisture escape.
Cook for 40 min at 180-190 degrees celsius.
This is my aunty's recipe - she normally uses an oven bag and foil instead of a dish.
Hope this gives you an idea of the recipes that will be in the book.

dayfivenz, Apr 5, 9:03am
You're not making sense P_R.

There aren't that many recipes on google.

perle, Apr 5, 10:25am
yum raw fish!
i make with snapper the best! and what about chop suey! yummmmmm