Anybody make stewed apple in their pressure cooker

pamellie, Mar 17, 3:46am
I have some apples I want to stew and bottle and was wondering if I could speed up the process by using my pressure cooker. Has anyone done this successfully?

davidt4, Mar 17, 3:49am
Why would you bother?Apples only need 5 - 10 minutes of cooking time to soften.

pamellie, Mar 17, 3:59am
I have a very large bag of them, was wondering if it would be faster. I did a large pot the other day and it did take a while.

kinna54, Mar 17, 4:33am
I do a lot of stewed apples etc in the microwave. They hold their shape nicely done that way, easy to bottle. Takes only a few mins.

pamellie, Mar 17, 6:00am
I found a recipe online which worked well, quick and easy too.

pamellie, Mar 18, 3:46am
I have some apples I want to stew and bottle and was wondering if I could speed up the process by using my pressure cooker. Has anyone done this successfully!

davidt4, Mar 18, 3:49am
Why would you bother!Apples only need 5 - 10 minutes of cooking time to soften.

stormbaby, Mar 18, 7:35am
I do mine in the microwave. My parents were Dutch, and in Winter we always had a big bowl of applesauce on the table to have with our dinner. I love it on rice dishes, and with macaroni (don't knock it till you try it). Taditionally it was always made with Granny Smith (cooking) apples but I use up any apples in the bowl that are a bit past it. In the microwave I just peel and cut up and core around 1 litre jug worth, blast on high for 5 minutes (tiny bit of water in there) and then another 1-2 depending on how soft they are. Make sure they don't dry out.Then I either mouli or put through the blender.