Self saucing choc pudding?

poohbearfan3, Mar 16, 9:30pm
Does anyone have a basic but good recipe please for a self saucing chocolate pudding?Either in the oven or in the crock pot?Thanks.

elliehen, Mar 16, 9:42pm
HOT FUDGE PUDDING180*c 40 mins
Sift into bowl:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Mix together:
2 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup milk
Add to dry mix and combine till smooth.Turn into greased pan.

Sprinkle with 1 cup brown sugar mixed with 4 Tbsp cocoa
and pour carefully 1 & 1/4 cups hot water over entire batter

Serve with cream
Optional: Can add 1 cup chopped nuts

stormbaby, Mar 16, 10:02pm
Yum. If anyone has a Tupperware microwave jug, I am an awesome older recipe from years ago for a self saucing pudding, with a chocolate sauce that can be made separately for either over this or icecream. Decadant and dead easy.

elliehen, Mar 16, 10:18pm
The crockpot version.

pheebs1, Mar 16, 10:30pm
oooh i love making it in a crock pot. its perfect to put on before you pick kids up for school and then its ready at dinner time. i have used this one off another thread its ballitos recipe andit works! ps if you dont have caster use what you have!

Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
100g butter, melted; 1/2 cup milk, 1 egg, 1 cup SR flour, 2tbsp cocoa, 1/2 cup caster sugar

TOPPING:
2 tbsp cocoa, 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, 2 cups boiling water.

Combine butter, milk and egg. In a separate bowl sift flour and cocoa together and mix in sugar. Gradually add wet ingredients to dry and mix well. Spoon in slow cooker. Combine cocoa and brown sugar and sprinkle over top of pudding. Carefully pour boiling water over the mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3.5 hours or LOW 5-6 hours.

NB I only cook mine for about 2.5 - 3 hours - you can usually tell when it's cooked. I never cook this pudding conventionally any more. Hope this is of some help to you.

kinna54, Mar 17, 1:07am
I have the tupperware recipe, which I make all the time, you don't need the jug. it's simple, and a family favourite. posted below:

Tupperware self saucing choc pudding:
1 cup flour
2 dsp cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
pinch salt
50gms melted butter
1 egg and 1/2 cup milk mixed together in a lge tumbler.
Put all ingredients into a bowl, seal and burp. Shake from side to side, up and down. Pour into a pyrex bowl.
Sprinkle over the top *sauce mix*
1/2 cup sugar, mixed with 2 dsps cocoa, then pour over 2cups of boiling water.
bake at 180C for 35-40 mins.

Note if you do not have tupperware simply put all sponge dry ingredients into a bowl, add the beaten egg and milk, melted butter, stir quickly to combine, then into pyrexbowl sprinkle with sauce topping mix.

poohbearfan3, Mar 17, 1:16am
Awesome, thanks guys!!

I haven't made it since cooking in school (an eternity ago!!!) so while try out one of the crock pot ones over the weekend:)

redhead21, Mar 19, 4:31am
Just made this and its yummy, I can feel the waist line expanding already:)

redroofs, Mar 19, 4:35am
I always cook this pudd in the microwave. Love it and a great standby recipe.

tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 19, 5:26am
Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
100g butter, melted;
1/2 cup milk,
1 egg, 1 cup SR flour,
2tbsp cocoa,
1/2 cup caster sugar

TOPPING:
2 tbsp cocoa,
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar,
2 cups boiling water.

Combine butter, milk and egg. In a separate bowl sift flour and cocoa together and mix in sugar. Gradually add wet ingredients to dry and mix well. Spoon in slow cooker. Combine cocoa and brown sugar and sprinkle over top of pudding. Carefully pour boiling water over the mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3.5 hours or LOW 5-6 hours.

NB I only cook mine for about 2.5 - 3 hours - you can usually tell when it's cooked. I never cook this pudding conventionally any more. Hope this is of some help to you.

unsure who i got this off but was from trademe. brilliant though comes out perfect every time

smileeah, May 7, 9:46am
Made this last night (with just 2t baking powder) and it was a huge hit. Def a keeper! Thanks

crystalmoon, May 7, 9:52am
Is this made in the large crockpot or the smaller sized ones.thanks