Help! Old Edmonds cookbook...

andykap, Mar 16, 6:10am
Deep fry chip recipe name. Can anyone help end a disagreement. The revised edition no longer has it. It was in the 70's 80's edition. Started with S. Sarr??? TIA.

eastie3, Mar 16, 6:12am
Saratoga ?
I have an old Edmonds,I'll have a look for you.
Yep,it's Saratoga,p93 of the 1976 edition.
I hope you've won.

andykap, Mar 16, 6:29am
Hey, thanks for that! Partner is making fries, and for some unknown reason, I said "oh, are you making those saragata chips" lol! Obviously, trying to be smart. After picking her up off the floor in fits of laughter, she asks What!
She had never heard of the name or something similar and I said I had made them when I was a kid. Anyways, I've been on google trying to find the name with no luck.
She thinks I made the name up lol!
I'll show her this thread. That'll fix her.
Thanks again!

kinna54, Mar 16, 6:55am
yep. definitely sarratoga chips.(first thing I ever cooked as a newly wed trying to impress lol.Won't part with my old edmonds, and it is in seriously bad shape.

lilyfield, Mar 16, 7:33am

andykap, Mar 17, 6:10am
Deep fry chip recipe name. Can anyone help end a disagreement. The revised edition no longer has it. It was in the 70's 80's edition. Started with S. Sarr! TIA.

eastie3, Mar 17, 6:12am
Saratoga !
I have an old Edmonds,I'll have a look for you.
Yep,it's Saratoga,p93 of the 1976 edition.
I hope you've won.

andykap, Mar 17, 6:29am
Hey, thanks for that! Partner is making fries, and for some unknown reason, I said "oh, are you making those saragata chips" lol! Obviously, trying to be smart. After picking her up off the floor in fits of laughter, she asks What!
She had never heard of the name or something similar and I said I had made them when I was a kid. Anyways, I've been on google trying to find the name with no luck.
She thinks I made the name up lol!
I'll show her this thread. That'll fix her.
Thanks again!

kinna54, Mar 17, 6:55am
yep. definitely sarratoga chips.(first thing I ever cooked as a newly wed trying to impress lol.Won't part with my old edmonds, and it is in seriously bad shape.