Chicken pie using cottage cheese??

a_n_h, Mar 16, 12:45am
Hello lovely people,

I'm making chicken pie for tea tonight and wondering if I can use at least some of the tub of cottage cheese I have in the fridge?

TIA

jc_cw, Mar 16, 1:05am
ew, I wouldn't

fisher, Mar 16, 1:38am
naaaaa...... reckon it will just curdle in there...
make a green salad with cucumbers,sliced mushrooms, capsicum and tomatoes..sprinkle of salt and black pepper .. drizzle of french dressing and then basil over the top...put a dollop of ya cottage cheese on the top..
nice side dish for ya chicken pie...(put some peas and corn in ya chicken pie)

a_n_h, Mar 16, 2:31am
Ohhh that sounds yummy fisher. Don't think the kids or hubby would eat it though.
I bought the Cottage cheese by mistake. Thought it was cream cheese in my mad dash around the supermarket with a really grumpy 7 week old bubs.

fisher, Mar 16, 2:50am
great on a salad... have they ever tried it...??nice flavoured ones with chives and also the new garlic and chives..

a_n_h, Mar 16, 3:21am
No they haven't. I am thinking the 2 yr old twins will love it. Anything with cucumber and tomatoes they will eat. The 6 yr old is very fussy and the husband isn't keen on trying new things. Might be all the more for the twins & I!!

uli, Mar 16, 3:36am
Put the cottage cheese on the kids sandwiches together with tomato and cucumber. They will love it.

elliehen, Mar 16, 8:15am
And great this way:
buttered whole grain toast
marmite/vegemite
cottage cheese
thin-sliced tomatoes
salt & pepper

julie_, Mar 16, 8:49am
Try cottage cheese as a dip.My fave is the tararua garlic & chives.You can have it with chips, or carrot sticks etc.My kids love it!

a_n_h, Mar 16, 8:59pm
Yummy. Thanks for the great ideas.

greerg, Mar 16, 9:41pm
I have used cottage cheese in the sauce for a chicken pie and it was fine.I did whizz it in the food processor to remove the lumps, added some milk and made a thickish roux sauce with plenty of parsley and a little white wine added when it was cooked.

a_n_h, Mar 17, 12:45am
Hello lovely people,

I'm making chicken pie for tea tonight and wondering if I can use at least some of the tub of cottage cheese I have in the fridge!

TIA

fisher, Mar 17, 1:38am
naaaaa. reckon it will just curdle in there.
make a green salad with cucumbers,sliced mushrooms, capsicum and tomatoes.sprinkle of salt and black pepper . drizzle of french dressing and then basil over the top.put a dollop of ya cottage cheese on the top.
nice side dish for ya chicken pie.(put some peas and corn in ya chicken pie)

a_n_h, Mar 17, 2:31am
Ohhh that sounds yummy fisher. Don't think the kids or hubby would eat it though.
I bought the Cottage cheese by mistake. Thought it was cream cheese in my mad dash around the supermarket with a really grumpy 7 week old bubs.

fisher, Mar 17, 2:50am
great on a salad. have they ever tried it.!nice flavoured ones with chives and also the new garlic and chives.

a_n_h, Mar 17, 3:21am
No they haven't. I am thinking the 2 yr old twins will love it. Anything with cucumber and tomatoes they will eat. The 6 yr old is very fussy and the husband isn't keen on trying new things. Might be all the more for the twins & I!

miss-skyline, Mar 19, 2:03am
make a quiche,and add it to the mixture it will be really yummy.

a_n_h, Mar 19, 2:26am
Ohhh thanks :) Quiche is on the plan for dinner tomorrow night.

tarshlove, Mar 19, 6:46am
You can use it in cooking. i use it all the time as a substitute to ricotta or cheese sauce. Have used it in lasagne, Quiche, fettuccine to name a few