Cut out biscuit dough

celosia, Mar 16, 12:05am
what is a good recipe for makingbiscuits for a 3 yr olds party - needs to be rolled out so I can cut shapes out.

kinna54, Mar 16, 12:46am
I make this often with my 3yr old granddaughter. They are a favourite. Excellent with cutters.
Shrewsbury Biscuits*(adapted for making in the kitchen whizz)*

125g butter softened (or margarine)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 TBSP grated lemon rind
2 cups flour
1tsp baking powder
Raspberry jam (to fill if desired)

Place butter and sugar in the whizz and cream together.
Add egg and lemon rind and whizz again to combine.
Add sifted flour and baking powder, using the machine on pulsewhile the mixture is combining.
Turn onto a floured board, kneadlightly and roll out to about 4mm thickness
Note: roll out part of the mix at a time, as it’s much easier to handle., and over handling can toughen the mixture.
Cut out desired shapes withcookie cutters.

Bake on greased oven trays at 180 deg. for 10-15mins.
When cold biscuits can either be sandwiched together with raspberry jam, with the top biscuit dusted with sifted icing sugar, or biscuits can be left single and dusted with sifted icing sugar.

kay141, Mar 16, 1:12am
I use the sheets of sweet short pastry that you buy. Youngest grandson and I made biscuits from them at Xmas. We used cutters, had dogs, stars and non-gingerbread men. We decorated with smarties. Rerolled the scraps until there was not a lot left. That went into a sausage shape, was sliced and decorated again. Bake as for the instructions on the packet but keep an eye on them as they can get a liitle too brown round the edges.
The savoury pastry works well with grated cheese, pesto and marmite.

celosia, Mar 16, 1:54am
yummy, thank you. will certainly try these out.

kinna54, Mar 16, 2:58am
Ps. sorry forgot to mention that when rolling out the dough,lightly dust your rolling pin and cutters with flour.if the mix looks really soft and buttery just add a tiny bit of flour as you roll out. They really are yummy, just made 2 batches for the kids to take to camp.