Help...... Roast pork

tarshlove, Mar 15, 12:10am
I'm cooking dinner for 3 adults, 3 teenage boys and 3 children tonight. I have a 3.2 Kg Pork shoulder roast(bone in) I'm was going to do this in a turbo cooker with maybe garlic, honey and rosemary. I was going to do some bite size roast potato, Kumara and Pumpkin in the oven not sure what flavor ill put on these yet. I need to make sure there is going to be heaps of food. Can anyone think of anything else to do to make the meal go further? Also desert /pudding ideas please. TYIA

spunkbubble, Mar 15, 12:15am
More vegies :) Peas, corn on the cob, pumpkin?

fisher, Mar 15, 12:48am
"bite size roast potato, Kumara and Pumpkin in the oven not sure what flavor ill put on these yet" .. roll around in olive oil.. salt.. grind black pepper.. a chicken stock cube crushed over the top and some very,, very fine chopped fresh rosemary..hmmm add roast beetroot with balsamic ... grilled large mushrooms with stalks twisted out,little garlic salt, pinch of chilli powder and drizzle of olive oil.. under grill.. dont over cook so do this at last minute while someone plates up.. gota have some peas for greens.. just place frozen into post and wash ice.. drain peas, bring water to boil with little salt and tsp of sugar and replace peas turn off heat and let sit in hot water and serve last.... drain, grind of black pepper and drizzle of mint sauce gently stirred thru..
Use sage with the pork...:}

fogs, Mar 15, 12:49am
Apple pie and fresh cream

fisher, Mar 15, 12:53am
Apple crumble with nice crisp topping... french vanilla ice cream to the side...
Poached pears with ice cream..

fogs, Mar 15, 12:59am
Good idea apple crumble I have an amazing recipe for crumble
Mix 90g melted butter with 3/4 cup of flour,3/4 cup rolled oats,1/2 cup of coconut and 3/4 cup of sugar.
Mix well and spread on top of cooked apples bake for 3/4 hour in a moderate oven

karenz, Mar 15, 1:09am
Garlic bread helps pad out a meal, also nice fresh corn on the cob is cheap and filling.There were some nice recipes on here for bread an butter pudding a week or so ago.

kinna54, Mar 15, 3:31am
A selection of green veges, or maybe cauliflower and broccolicheese bake.
Dessert maybe a choc self saucing pudding, fruit sponge or for cold desert maybe a quick trifle made in layerswith a choc sponge, and layers of fruit and. whipped cream

tarshlove, Mar 16, 12:10am
I'm cooking dinner for 3 adults, 3 teenage boys and 3 children tonight. I have a 3.2 Kg Pork shoulder roast(bone in) I'm was going to do this in a turbo cooker with maybe garlic, honey and rosemary. I was going to do some bite size roast potato, Kumara and Pumpkin in the oven not sure what flavor ill put on these yet. I need to make sure there is going to be heaps of food. Can anyone think of anything else to do to make the meal go further! Also desert /pudding ideas please. TYIA

spunkbubble, Mar 16, 12:15am
More vegies :) Peas, corn on the cob, pumpkin!

fisher, Mar 16, 12:48am
"bite size roast potato, Kumara and Pumpkin in the oven not sure what flavor ill put on these yet" . roll around in olive oil. salt. grind black pepper. a chicken stock cube crushed over the top and some very very fine chopped fresh rosemary sprinkled over the top.add roast beetroot with balsamic . grilled large mushrooms with stalks twisted out,little garlic salt, pinch of chilli powder and drizzle of olive oil. under grill. dont over cook so do this at last minute while someone plates up. gotta have some peas for greens. just place frozen into post and wash ice off. drain peas out, bringnew water to boil with little salt and tsp of sugar and replace peas.turn off heat and let sit in hot water and serve last. drain, grind of black pepper and drizzle of mint sauce gently stirred thru.Use sage with the pork.:}

fisher, Mar 16, 12:53am
Apple crumble with nice crisp topping. french vanilla ice cream to the side.
Poached pears with ice cream.