Making large quanitities of slice

cherrylane1, Mar 9, 9:34pm
I am after a recipe that I can make in roasting dishes or similar (making around 100 decent sized pieces). Looking for some catering recipes or similar. Thanks

barloo, Mar 10, 2:45am
Just double up the ones you make now or new ones! ! I do that all the time:)

duckmoon, Mar 10, 9:14am
I have a recipe book which serves 50...
If there is a specific recipe you are looking, ask for it, and I can post it...
but these are some of the major ingredients, so you know if you quantities are about right.

Raspberry slice (serves 50)
670g raspberry jam - mixed with 125ml of hot water

Pastry
1. 5kg SR flour
500g marg or butter
2g salt
400ml water

topping
4 egges
375g coconut
500 g sugar...

Let me know if there is a whole recipe you want.

cherrylane1, Mar 10, 7:44pm
Hi duckmoon - thanks for that. Any chance of a coconut rough? Thanks

duckmoon, Mar 11, 5:58am
these are the recipes I have
No-Bake Slices: Cherry Ripe Slice, Chocolate Biscuit Slice, Hedgehog Squares Lemon Fingers, Lemon Ginger Slice, Orange Slice, Siltana Slice.

And Welsh Cakes.

cherrylane1, Mar 11, 7:21am
Orange slice would be fantastic - thanks

punkinthefirst, Mar 11, 9:34am
Measure your normal baking tin in cm and multiply length x width. That gives you a measurement in square centimetres. Do the same to your roasting dish. Divide roasting dish measurementby the baking tin measurement and multiply your recipe by this number.
You may have to adjust the recipe slightly to take account of eggs, etc.
For example, my slice tin is 26cm x 20 cm = 520 square centimetres.
My roasting dish is 32 cm x 40 cm = 1280 square cm
1280 divided by 520 = 2. 461538 -near enough to 2. 5, so I would multiply my recipes by 2 1/2, adjusting to suit if I come up with idiocies like half an egg! It helps if you know what the recipe should look and taste like in the making.

punkinthefirst, Oct 21, 7:13pm
I just went and found my post, above, on the trademe message board, stolen and copied directly to stackofrecipes! I certainly didn't post it there, but can't edit my post to say so.