Mustard Pickle question

jimminette, Mar 14, 8:50pm
Have made the pickle and happy with everything but recipe says bottle and seal.Do you think it's OK to put in jar with plastic screw top lid or would it have to be in a proper heat seal lid??

timetable, Mar 14, 9:15pm
i use the plastic lids all the time - i just let it go cold before i put the lid on or you will get condensation on top.... i leave the jars with a tea towel over them over night to go cold, wipe them down and then put the lids on.... never had a dud batch yet!!!enjoy!

jimminette, Mar 14, 9:40pm
Thanks Timetable - i thought the same given the amount of vinegar but just thought I'd check.Husband has cheese with his pickle so made a double batch. Would hate it to go off for want of bottling it differently.

korbo, Mar 15, 3:21am
I use either plastic lids, or celophane, but always put some melted wax or some brown paper on top first.
any chance of the recipe.

jimminette, Mar 15, 8:50pm
Have made the pickle and happy with everything but recipe says bottle and seal.Do you think it's OK to put in jar with plastic screw top lid or would it have to be in a proper heat seal lid!

timetable, Mar 15, 9:15pm
i use the plastic lids all the time - i just let it go cold before i put the lid on or you will get condensation on top. i leave the jars with a tea towel over them over night to go cold, wipe them down and then put the lids on. never had a dud batch yet!enjoy!

jimminette, Mar 15, 9:40pm
Thanks Timetable - i thought the same given the amount of vinegar but just thought I'd check.Husband has cheese with his pickle so made a double batch. Would hate it to go off for want of bottling it differently.