Any recipes that use tomato soup as an ingredient?

josienz1958, Mar 12, 3:40am
I have five cans of tomato soup in pantry but don't really like it SO I thought I might be able to find some recipes - any ides or websites you can suggest?

dbab, Mar 12, 3:49am
Use it as a base for minestrone soup when it gets colder.

petal1955, Mar 12, 3:50am
Using your slow cooker or can be done in a caaserole dish in the oven.....Diced beef 750grms..........can of tomato soup and a tin of crushed pineapple(large can)

jessie981, Mar 12, 4:05am
My most fav soup. Love it with cheese in so the cheese melts & goes stringy

goldgurl, Mar 12, 4:08am
brown some meat, curry powder, onion in a pot...add veges, add tin tomato, simmer till tender...add cresh cream...Mmm.

nicklespickles, Mar 12, 4:15am
i use them in things like bolognaise sauces and chicken cacciatore.Whatever tomato based thing i'm making at the time.

sar6, Mar 12, 4:24am
PorcupinreMeatballs put 400g mince into bowl add 1/2 cup rice, 1 chopped onion salt and papper and make into small meatballs.Put soup into large pan and add meatballs and bring to boil then simmer for about 1 hour, if necessary add 1/2 soup can water if becomes too dry.

josienz1958, Mar 12, 4:57am
Thanks everyone - all ideas much appreciated.

cottagerose, Mar 12, 6:39am
Carrot salad.

elliehen, Mar 12, 7:06am
TIRED PARENT CASSEROLE
Saute 2 sliced onions (don't brown)
Add can of tomato soup with half can water
Put half on bottom casserole dish
Then add:
+one layer thin sliced cooked potato
+ one layer cooked silverbeet or spinach
+ one more layer potato
+ other half of tomato/onion mix
Top with grated cheese mixed with two slices crumbled whole wheat bread
Bake about 20-30 minutes at 180* C

juliewn, Mar 12, 8:24am
This is excellent - and you can make the recipe up to two weeks ahead of time - store in a jar with a lid in your fridge.:

Marinated Carrot Salad:

Peel and slice a kilo of carrots into rings or sticks.
Steam or boil till just tender and drain well.

While they are cooking, finely slice 2 medium sized, or one large, onion.

Place in a bowl: 3/4 cup white vinegar - or white wine vinegar, or spiced vinegar.
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 cup of salad oil (I use canola)
1 small tin (about 450gms) of tomato soup (not sauce, puree or pulp)
1 cup sugar
Beat these together well until the sugar is dissolved and the ingredients have blended well.
Taste and season to your taste.

Place the carrots and sliced onions in layers into large jars and pour the dressing over.

Cover and store in your fridge. This keeps up to 2 weeks - and if the carrots are all used during this time, cook more to add to the dressing.

This recipe gives 2 well filled Agee preserving jars.

You can double or triple, etc..the recipe if needed.

It tastes delicious - and is great to have in the fridge over summer, for adding to meals and bbq's on hot days when the last thing you want to do is cook!

ksr, Mar 12, 10:56am
The best ever chilli recipe.Brown an onion, add 500g mince (and a green capsicum if you wish)brown and then add 1 tin chilli beans and 1 tin tomato soup.Simmer until cooked through.Our family loves it.Goes with - rice, baked potato, corn chips, or pasta.

tinkagirl, Mar 12, 6:14pm
coke cola beef.

mix together in a slow cooker 1 can of coke, 1 can of t/soup, 1 chopped onion. add a nice piece of roast beef and cook for about 8 hours.1/2 hour before serving mix a table spoon of cornflour with a bit of water.remove meat and keep hot, add the cornflour to liquid and turn cooker on high for 1/2 hour.makes a great gravy and wonderful over mashed potatoes.

retired, Mar 12, 6:41pm
There is a cake recipe using tomato soup.I have never tried it but someone may have the recipe.

auntlb, Mar 12, 8:09pm
Put mutton chops in a overproof dish - mix together a can of tomato soup, a tsp of crushed garlic and 2-3 tsp mixed herbs.Pour tomato mix over chops.Top with breadcrumbs and grated cheese.Bake in moderate oven and breadcrumbs are crisp and golden

dollmakernz, Mar 13, 12:25am
This cake is beautiful but don't tell anyone that it has tomato soup in it, until after they've eaten it and told you how nice it is!
Tomato Soup Cake

100g butter, softened, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 eggs, beaten, 1 tsp cinnamon,
1 tsp ground nutmeg, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, 1½ cups flour
1 Tbsp cocoa, 1 tsp baking powder,225g can tomato soup, 1 tsp baking soda
1 cup boiled sultanas

Cream butter and sugar and add beaten eggs. Add sifted dry ingredients. Mix baking
soda and tomato soup in a small bowl and whisk until frothy. Add to the main mixture
and lastly stir in the still-hot, drained sultanas. Pour into a ring container,
and cook on high (100%) for 7-9 minutes, or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
This cake will become more moist with keeping. I ice it with a rich chocolate icing.

josienz1958, Mar 13, 3:40am
I have five cans of tomato soup in pantry but don't really like it SO I thought I might be able to find some recipes - any ides or websites you can suggest!

petal1955, Mar 13, 3:50am
Using your slow cooker or can be done in a caaserole dish in the oven.Diced beef 750grms.can of tomato soup and a tin of crushed pineapple(large can)

goldgurl, Mar 13, 4:08am
brown some meat, curry powder, onion in a pot.add veges, add tin tomato, simmer till tender.add pottle of fresh cream.season to taste Mmm.

nicklespickles, Mar 13, 4:15am
i use them in things like bolognaise sauces and chicken cacciatore.Whatever tomato based thing i'm making at the time.

elliehen, Mar 13, 7:06am
TIRED PARENT CASSEROLE
Saute 2 sliced onions (don't brown)
Add can of tomato soup with half can water
Put half on bottom casserole dish
Then add:
+one layer thin sliced cooked potato
+ one layer cooked silverbeet or spinach
+ one more layer potato
+ other half of tomato/onion mix
Top with grated cheese mixed with two slices crumbled whole wheat bread
Bake about 20-30 minutes at 180* C

juliewn, Mar 13, 8:24am
This is excellent - and you can make the recipe up to two weeks ahead of time - store in a jar with a lid in your fridge.:

Marinated Carrot Salad:

Peel and slice a kilo of carrots into rings or sticks.
Steam or boil till just tender and drain well.

While they are cooking, finely slice 2 medium sized, or one large, onion.

Place in a bowl: 3/4 cup white vinegar - or white wine vinegar, or spiced vinegar.
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 cup of salad oil (I use canola)
1 small tin (about 450gms) of tomato soup (not sauce, puree or pulp)
1 cup sugar
Beat these together well until the sugar is dissolved and the ingredients have blended well.
Taste and season to your taste.

Place the carrots and sliced onions in layers into large jars and pour the dressing over.

Cover and store in your fridge. This keeps up to 2 weeks - and if the carrots are all used during this time, cook more to add to the dressing.

This recipe gives 2 well filled Agee preserving jars.

You can double or triple, etc.the recipe if needed.

It tastes delicious - and is great to have in the fridge over summer, for adding to meals and bbq's on hot days when the last thing you want to do is cook!

smileeah, Mar 13, 9:56pm
Tomato and tuna bake.
Cook 4 cups penne pasta (or similar) according to directions on packet. Drain.
Add 1 tin tomato soup, 1/2c milk, 1/2c cream, 2 chopped spring onions, 1 can tuna (plain or tomato and basil flavoured), 2T tomato paste, s+p. Stir together and pour into lasagne style dish.
Top with tomato slices and 1c grated cheese.
Bake 180c for 30 min or cheese nicely browned.

dollmakernz, Mar 14, 12:25am
This cake is beautiful but don't tell anyone that it has tomato soup in it, until after they've eaten it and told you how nice it is!
Tomato Soup Cake

100g butter, softened, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 eggs, beaten, 1 tsp cinnamon,
1 tsp ground nutmeg, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, 1½ cups flour
1 Tbsp cocoa, 1 tsp baking powder,225g can tomato soup, 1 tsp baking soda
1 cup boiled sultanas

Cream butter and sugar and add beaten eggs. Add sifted dry ingredients. Mix baking
soda and tomato soup in a small bowl and whisk until frothy. Add to the main mixture
and lastly stir in the still-hot, drained sultanas. Pour into a ring container,
and cook on high (100%) for 7-9 minutes, or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
This cake will become more moist with keeping. I ice it with a rich chocolate icing.