Gingernut tarts????

craigen, Mar 11, 9:02pm
Morning all
Looking for some help please.... How do you soften gingernuts sothey can beput in patty tins and then you fill with cream and a strewberry on top . Any helpwould be just great.....TIA Deborah

ksr, Mar 11, 9:09pm
I have done it with choc chip cookies - out them in a patty tin and in the oven at 150 and just kept an eye on them until they were sufficiently warm so I could squish them down then they harden when they cool.

sue1955, Mar 11, 9:29pm
I'd like to know the answer to this one too. My daughter & I tried this at Christmas & just couldn't get the gingernuts to soften enough to squish them down. We gave up after we could only get a little dent & filled them with lemon curd topped with whipped cream.

horizons_, Mar 11, 10:00pm
As #2 said. Griffins have changed their mix (harder bikkies) so may no longer work.

2boysmum, Mar 12, 12:16am
If you put them in the fridge on a plate they will go soggy. :)

kinna54, Mar 12, 12:32am
Wonder if you put them in the microwave, maybe on a medium setting? Haven't got a gingernut here to try. I'm interested to find out the answer to this as well.
Maybewhen they are in the patty pan lightly sprinkle over a liquid,something, like a lemon or apple juice. and then heat. shame that some things just don't stay the same.

craigen, Mar 12, 6:14am
Thank you ladies for your help

greerg, Mar 12, 6:43am
Or try the Homebrand gingernuts (gingersnaps??) which are less hard.

landylass, Mar 12, 11:32am
mm must have a go.I used to make them in the shallow patty pan tin and use the round wooden pusher from an old mincer to shape them after heating.Filled them with whipped cream and topped with sliced crystalised ginger or put some drained crushed pineapple in the cream.

marywea, Mar 12, 4:41pm
I think gingernuts are a different shape compared to days gone by. Smaller circumference which wouldn't help the cause.

tinkagirl, Mar 12, 6:09pm
my grandmother use to do this all the time.I am sure she moistened then in water then put them in the patty tin and put in the oven.

craigen, Mar 12, 9:02pm
Morning all
Looking for some help please. How do you soften gingernuts sothey can beput in patty tins and then you fill with cream and a strewberry on top . Any helpwould be just great.TIA Deborah

sue1955, Mar 12, 9:29pm
I'd like to know the answer to this one too. My daughter & I tried this at Christmas & just couldn't get the gingernuts to soften enough to squish them down. We gave up after we could only get a little dent & filled them with lemon curd topped with whipped cream.

kinna54, Mar 13, 12:17am
Hmm I am so going to try this. like landylass i loved them with the whipped cream and pineapple. Gonna try moistening with pineapple juice, heating and shaping. Will let you know the outcome.

kinna54, Mar 13, 12:32am
Wonder if you put them in the microwave, maybe on a medium setting! Haven't got a gingernut here to try. I'm interested to find out the answer to this as well.
Maybewhen they are in the patty pan lightly sprinkle over a liquid,something, like a lemon or apple juice. and then heat. shame that some things just don't stay the same.

auntlb, Mar 13, 1:09am
Gingerale is good for softening too

kinna54, Mar 13, 4:25am
Haven't had the chance to try yet (had unexpectedvisitors which was lovely!) but hubby says like you do with all gingernuts... dunk em!

rainrain1, Mar 13, 4:58am
Warm them in the oven and press into the patty tins

greerg, Mar 13, 6:43am
Or try the Homebrand gingernuts (gingersnaps!) which are less hard.

marywea, Mar 13, 4:41pm
I think gingernuts are a different shape compared to days gone by. Smaller circumference which wouldn't help the cause.

kinna54, Mar 14, 4:25am
Haven't had the chance to try yet (had unexpectedvisitors which was lovely!) but hubby says like you do with all gingernuts. dunk em!