I have 2 lovely fresh salmon steaks what

samsnan, Mar 11, 3:24am
can I put on them to make them taste even nicer. I have fresh ginger,garlic soy sauce etc. Anyone please.

seniorbones, Mar 11, 3:31am
That sounds a nice marinade on its own..but google good health magazine they had a marinated salmon recipe and it was lovely but I lost my copy and cant remember what was in it.

uvbeads, Mar 11, 3:44am
Yum! i just put some garlic, sweet chilli and butter, or garlic and honey.. YUM now I want salmon haha

fisher, Mar 11, 3:45am
Can marinade the fish in the sauce beforehand
Zest and juice of 1-2 limes..2 tbsp brown sugar..1 tsp fish sauce..1 tbsp soy sauce..1 tsp chilli flakes...
Combine all sauce ingredients...
Heat frying pan over high heat with 2 tsp oil...Cook fish 1 minute each side until sealed...Pour over combined sauce ingredients....
Cook for further 4 minutes...Sauce coats fish in a lovely glaze..

rainrain1, Mar 11, 4:11am
Melt some butter in pan, add lemon zest, chopped basil, chopped capers and lemon juice, and pour over cooked fish

samsnan, Mar 11, 4:22am
fisher I would have done your one but I didnt have any limes but will certainly try that next time. I ended up using fresh grated ginger a little sweet soy sauce and a little honey. It is going to be served with little roast potatoes and a green salad.

fisher, Mar 11, 4:36am
sounds nice ...samsnan... could use lemons instead of limes at a pinch ...
its the bitter/sweet/salty/chilli flavour that adds to the salmon steaks...
I dislike them plain cooked... like to add a bit of "zoooom" to them :}

poppysinger2, Mar 11, 5:39am
Thank you Fisher , I made your yummy marinade/sauce just now with some lemon instead of lime and it was absolutely deliciousso fast and so so good !
Cheers will do this one again .

wasala, Mar 11, 5:46am
Douse them in Mirin - yum!

fisher, Mar 11, 1:54pm
sounds scrummy poppy.. especially when you get them so fresh from the garden... all well worth the effort..

seniorbones, Mar 12, 3:31am
That sounds a nice marinade on its own.but google good health magazine they had a marinated salmon recipe and it was lovely but I lost my copy and cant remember what was in it.

uvbeads, Mar 12, 3:44am
Yum! i just put some garlic, sweet chilli and butter, or garlic and honey. YUM now I want salmon haha

fisher, Mar 12, 3:45am
Can marinade the fish in the sauce beforehand
Zest and juice of 1-2 limes.2 tbsp brown sugar.1 tsp fish sauce.1 tbsp soy sauce.1 tsp chilli flakes.
Combine all sauce ingredients.
Heat frying pan over high heat with 2 tsp oil.Cook fish 1 minute each side until sealed.Pour over combined sauce ingredients.
Cook for further 4 minutes.Sauce coats fish in a lovely glaze.

fisher, Mar 12, 4:36am
sounds nice .samsnan. could use lemons instead of limes at a pinch .
its the bitter/sweet/salty/chilli flavour that adds to the salmon steaks.
I dislike them plain cooked. like to add a bit of "zoooom" to them :}

poppysinger2, Mar 12, 5:39am
Thank you Fisher , I made your yummy marinade/sauce just now with some lemon instead of lime and it was absolutely deliciousso fast and so so good !
Cheers will do this one again .
Served with buttery potato smash and fresh scarlet runner beans from the garden .

fisher, Mar 12, 1:54pm
sounds scrummy poppy. especially when you get them so fresh from the garden. all well worth the effort.