Lemon Curd Or Lemon Honey.

kbateman, Mar 11, 1:34am
Hi can sameone tell me if I can make this without eggs. As I want to make a few jars.. And if I use egg will not beable to just put in jars in the cupboard. And need another recipie. Or can I just use any one.
I hope sameone can help.
Thank you.

jessie981, Mar 11, 2:06am
Got this from lfthand message board. Under keyboard put lemon honey then date posted put anytime. More there
Ingredients:
1kg yellow zucchini - or peeled green zucchini
juice and zest of 3 lemons
1kg sugar
125g butter

Chop zucchini finely and steam until tender. Puree in a food processor. Place zucchini pulp in a pot with the rest of the ingredients and stir over a low heat until the sugar is dossolved. Increase heat and boil for about 30 minutes, until the curd is thick and creamy like lemon honey. Pour into warm, sterilised glass jars and seal.
Quote happyshoppin (84 )8:16

someone mentions she made it but only used 500gr sugar.

jessie981, Mar 11, 2:10am
Lemon Cheese (Aunt Daisy)
Mix smoothly together 1TBSP custardpowder & juice & grated rindof 1lemon. In a saucepan put 1 small cup of sugar, 1TBSP butter & 1c water. Bring to boil, add mixed powder & lemon & cook a few minutes. Bottle when cold.

chicco2, Mar 11, 2:17am
The Aunt Daisy 1 sounds nice.

elliehen, Mar 11, 2:46am
Good for egg-free people.

kbateman, Mar 12, 1:34am
Hi can sameone tell me if I can make this without eggs. As I want to make a few jars. And if I use egg will not beable to just put in jars in the cupboard. And need another recipie. Or can I just use any one.
I hope sameone can help.
Thank you.