Tasty sandwich fillings/ club sandwich ideas

Page 1 / 2
muffty, Mar 10, 2:48am
Anyone with a reputation for great sandwich making out there?
Need some for an afternoon tea so would be nice to have a few different ideas. Thanks!

tarshlove, Mar 10, 3:38am
bumped an old thread for you

kinna54, Mar 10, 3:54am
x1
cucumber and cream cheese; cream cheese, apricot and chicken; salmon and cream cheese; cheese &pineapple, ham & egg, egg & chive,thinly sliced beef and chutneys,corned beef & pickle,chopped bacon and brown sauce, any of these combined in layers over salad ingredients. i.e 1 layer of salad 1 layer of other ingredients. In club sandwiches always choose fillings which will add colour i.e finely grated carrot, tomato, egg. When using salad ingredients, layer the mayo *(thinly) on the bread, as this helps lettuce etc to stick, to keep the shape of the sandwich so that it doesn't fall apart.

duckmoon, Mar 10, 4:14am
I like club sandwiches to have a good colour...
and so will bring some frozen peas to the boil, and then turn them off, and when slightly cool, puree them (with butter) - and use that as a sandwich filling - they are a great flavour and colour

duckmoon, Mar 10, 4:15am
like knna, I do salmon and cream cheese - and roll them like an aspargus roll...
in the same format, chicken which has been minced (in the food processor) with mayo, and served with sprouts also go down well

duckmoon, Mar 10, 4:15am
You need the sprouts for some colour

kinna54, Mar 10, 4:17am
oops apologies for the typing, should say thinly sliced beef or meats. If doing the ham rolls you have to grate the cheese finely and mix to a paste with mayo, or use creamor cottage cheese.

purplegoanna, Mar 10, 4:18am
my alltime fav is ham, cream cheese, pineapple and spring oinion club mmmmmmmmm

justme..., Mar 10, 4:29am
these are yummy too:
*try tuna, mayo and sweetcorn
*tuna, mayo, finely chopped gherkin, finely sliced spring onion, salt + pepper
*grated cheese, crushed pineapple + grated onion
*boiled egg, mayo, moroccan seasoning

muffty, Mar 10, 5:38am
Thank you all, that's great!! Busy reading them all now....tried to find a thread before so thanks Tarshlove..

rainrain1, Mar 10, 5:44am
3 sandwich breads, one brown.....ham and 1 chesdale slice first layer, and tinned asparagus mashed with a bit of mayo second layer

muffty, Mar 10, 5:56am
kinna54- At the risk of sounding stupid is a pinwheel sandwich different to a roll? I know what you mean by rolling the bread like anasparagus roll, but is a pinwheel done differently and if so how? Also what is the brown sauce with the bacon?

timetable, Mar 10, 8:57am
cream cheese and salmon, lettuce, tom, cucumber, egg mix, cream cheese and diced apricot and crystalised ginger, ham, any combination of these... marg all the loaf of bread first and then build you stacks: fist slice a spread filling, then put your next piece of bread on marg side up and put on say tom, lettuce or cuc, then next piece marg side up and last filling, ham or egg say then next piece of bread (the top one) marg side down.then trim off the crusts and cut into either sq's, triangles or rectangles... quick, yum and look brill...
when you lay them out on the plates/tray's etc alternate your tom and cuc ones to get good colour....

blt10, Mar 10, 9:15am
Avocado& chicken

matiducati, Mar 10, 9:23am
my sister and i always fought over egg and spagetti club sammies mum used to make!!!

kinna54, Mar 10, 10:13am
sorry just got back on here. yes a pinwheel sandwich is different to a roll . For a pinwheel sandwhich you cut the crusts off the bread, lay 3 slices buttered breadin a long row, with the edges of each piece overlapping each other,and roll the edges lightly with a rolling pin to seal and bind the edges together. Hope you can make sense of this?You place the flillings horizontally along the roll and just roll up like a tube.Cut a tiny bit of each end if necessary to tidy up or straighten, then you cut the roll into pieces, usually about 3 pieces per roll. Best way to describe the finished product is to say it looks a bit like sushi, only a lot more colorful. Hope you can understand my explanation.

kinna54, Mar 10, 10:22am
Brown sauce with the bacon is a pommy favourite. Personally I don't like it, but it was always a favourite seller in my cafe. The flavour is something between a smoky hickory taste and bbq sauce taste. You can buy it in a bottle think it may be a branston or whitlocks brand? You could use another sauce favourite instead, or use a honey mustard dressing, or a dijon mustard.

muffty, Mar 11, 2:48am
Anyone with a reputation for great sandwich making out there!
Need some for an afternoon tea so would be nice to have a few different ideas. Thanks!

kinna54, Mar 11, 3:54am
cucumber and cream cheese; cream cheese, apricot and chicken; salmon and cream cheese; cheese &pineapple; ham & egg; egg & chive,; hinly sliced beef and chutneys;corned beef & pickle; finely chopped bacon and brown sauce; any of these combined in layers over salad ingredients. i.e 1 layer of salad 1 layer of other ingredients. In club sandwiches always choose fillings which will add colour i.e finely grated carrot, tomato, egg. When using salad ingredients, layer the mayo *(thinly) on the bread, as this helps lettuce etc to stick, to keep the shape of the sandwich so that it doesn't fall apart. Also pays to butter bread thinly on both sides when doing the middle layer of club sandwiches.for a variation try pinwheel sandwiches *they are easy* or for interesting variations using the frilly lettuce you can do chicken mayo and lettuce rolls; salmon cream cheese and lettuce rolls; ham, grated cheese, lettuce and mayo rolls. Simply place the filling on a slice of bread (crusts off) and roll cornerwise as in making an asparagus roll. Enjoy experimenting, I'm sure they will be yummy.

duckmoon, Mar 11, 4:14am
I like club sandwiches to have a good colour.
and so will bring some frozen peas to the boil, and then turn them off, and when slightly cool, puree them (with butter) - and use that as a sandwich filling - they are a great flavour and colour

duckmoon, Mar 11, 4:15am
like knna, I do salmon and cream cheese - and roll them like an aspargus roll.
in the same format, chicken which has been minced (in the food processor) with mayo, and served with sprouts also go down well

muffty, Mar 11, 5:38am
Thank you all, that's great! Busy reading them all now.tried to find a thread before so thanks Tarshlove.

rainrain1, Mar 11, 5:44am
3 sandwich breads, one brown.ham and 1 chesdale slice first layer, and tinned asparagus mashed with a bit of mayo second layer

muffty, Mar 11, 5:56am
kinna54- At the risk of sounding stupid is a pinwheel sandwich different to a roll! I know what you mean by rolling the bread like anasparagus roll, but is a pinwheel done differently and if so how! Also what is the brown sauce with the bacon!

timetable, Mar 11, 8:57am
cream cheese and salmon, lettuce, tom, cucumber, egg mix, cream cheese and diced apricot and crystalised ginger, ham, any combination of these. marg all the loaf of bread first and then build you stacks: fist slice a spread filling, then put your next piece of bread on marg side up and put on say tom, lettuce or cuc, then next piece marg side up and last filling, ham or egg say then next piece of bread (the top one) marg side down.then trim off the crusts and cut into either sq's, triangles or rectangles. quick, yum and look brill.
when you lay them out on the plates/tray's etc alternate your tom and cuc ones to get good colour.