Black Boy Peaches

Page 2 / 2
shazza34, Mar 13, 9:45am
Blackboy peach jam is the absolute best I made 4 batches last year and gave heaps away and people still say how much they enjoyed it a year on. We picked our first ones today and my boys said they were delicious(I don't really like them fresh but love them cooked weird I know). Stewed heaps last year and froze for winter deserts I. would love to try a chutney this year if anyone has a favourite recipe please can you post it.

midsta, Mar 14, 8:33pm
Wow we're gettting about two supervalue bags a day off ours. Flat out stewing and freezing as can't be bothered making into jam. Our tree produces enormous amounts of fruit but quite often the fruit is bruised around the stone. Soemone told me there is a spray to stop this? Tree hasn't had any chemicals in over ten years

katalin2, Mar 14, 11:34pm
If you are picking up windfalls they bruise really easily around the stone, They need to be used the day they fall. We try to pick them straight off the tree then there is no problem with bruising. Having said that, I have just made jam out of a big bag of windfalls that have been down for the weekend as we were away over the weekend to have a break for the shakes!

meleh, Mar 15, 5:37am
x1
wow fabulous ideas for the fruit, usually family come round and pickthe peaches each year so was wanting ideas to use them instead of giving them all away

wron, Mar 15, 6:26am
For an explosion of flavour, cut in half, remove stone and bake in the oven - oh and sprinkle with sugar, can add a bit of brandy - serve with ice cream. Yum!!!!

midsta, Mar 15, 8:33pm
Wow we're gettting about two supervalue bags a day off ours. Flat out stewing and freezing as can't be bothered making into jam. Our tree produces enormous amounts of fruit but quite often the fruit is bruised around the stone. Soemone told me there is a spray to stop this! Tree hasn't had any chemicals in over ten years

wron, Mar 16, 6:26am
For an explosion of flavour, cut in half, remove stone and bake in the oven - oh and sprinkle with sugar, can add a bit of brandy - serve with ice cream. Yum!

guest, Mar 19, 2:07am
I have been given a bucket full of bb peaches and are about to make jam. Does anyone know if i need to remove the skins for jam or baking them?

guest, Mar 19, 5:02am
Has anyone got a Blackboy Peach recipe they dont mind sharing with me. Please :-)

guest, Nov 7, 3:36am
I know Im a little late on this thread but, I am green with envy with you all talkin about black boy peaches. Would any of you be willing to send me your stones?
I live in the USA and we do not have this peach. I would be willing to pay for them and the postage. Thank you in advanced.
Dena Eagle-Bear