How to cook ribeye properly

leofam, Mar 9, 8:18am
I am planning on cooking a warm beef salad for my wife as part of her Birthday Tea.
The recipe calls for a 600g Ribeye Steak
I assumed it was a roll of ribeye around 600g which I have bought (got a slab cut off a whole ribeye).
As she won't be keen if it's too rare, can someone please tell me how to finish it off so it's just slightly pink (the recipe describes how to cook it and how long to let it stand but their meat looks VERY rare)
They say to cook for 6 - 8 mins on a hot grill then stand, loosely covered for about 15 mins before slicing.
I've been told it needs to be seared off on the outside then finished in the Oven if a less rare piece of meat is required.
Is this correct and if so can someone please tell me what temp to put in the Oven and for how long - also how long to let it stand when finished before I slice it up
If not, how do I go about it?
Cheers

Please note: "I want to cook the whole slab, then slice it, not cook individual steaks"

Have attached recipe instructions:
Brush the rib eye with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. On a searing hot bbq or grill cook for 6-8 minutes on each side. Allow to rest loosely covered for 15 minutes so the juices are evenly distribute and you are left with a beautiful pink specimen. When properly rested carve into slices of medium thickness so it can stand up to the horseradish and rocket and set aside.

buckyboy, Oct 15, 6:57am
I am not a very good steak cooker, but good luck with your birthday tea. You are a good husband! ! (mrs)