??CHCH COOKBOOK -> DESERTS/PUDDINGS RECIPES??

pixiegirl, Mar 6, 10:22pm
Hi there, do you have an original and popular desert or pudding recipe on this MB? If you do, would you consider sharing the recipe in our upcoming TM Recipe Book to fundraise for assistance to those in Christchurch?

As pickles has kindly reminded us, these must be YOUR recipes to give, and even better, if you could tell us a wee story about the history of the recipe ... the history can add so much meaning to the recipe itself ... and to our TM community too! Please do add confirmation that this recipe is able to be shared in the fundraising book ....

Thanks in advance for your support, Pat (pixiegirl) & Andrea (fastlanenz)

pixiegirl, Mar 7, 2:50am
post #52 in above link has info for anyone wanting to send recipes by facebook.Just look for me (Pat) and send freind request or message.Thanks

pixiegirl, Mar 7, 10:22pm
Hi there, do you have an original and popular desert or pudding recipe on this MB! If you do, would you consider sharing the recipe in our upcoming TM Recipe Book to fundraise for assistance to those in Christchurch!

As pickles has kindly reminded us, these must be YOUR recipes to give, and even better, if you could tell us a wee story about the history of the recipe . the history can add so much meaning to the recipe itself . and to our TM community too! Please do add confirmation that this recipe is able to be shared in the fundraising book .

Thanks in advance for your support, Pat (pixiegirl) & Andrea (fastlanenz)

pixiegirl, Mar 9, 10:22pm
Bu,ping up

macandrosie, Mar 12, 9:23am
Chocolate Apple Shortcake
125 gr butter
1 tsp bp
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tab cocoa
2 cups flour
cold stewed apples
Blend sugar & egg in the processor. Add melted butter, then dry ingreds. Roll out ½ the mixture & place in a lined tin. Spread with stewed apples. Roll out the second piece of dough& place over the top.Bake @ 180°c for 30-40 mins
Sauce: puree 1 cup stewed apples
1 tab custard powder
1 tab golden syrup
Blend altogether & microwave on high for 1-2 mins or till thick & transparent. Serve on warm shortcake with whipped cream.

Quick Chocolate Steamed Pudding
Mix together: 1 cup flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
2 tabs sugar
1 tsp b soda
2 tabs cocoa
Add enough milk to make a soft dough. Place in a greased steam puddingbowl.
Sauce: 2 tabs golden syrup
½ cup sugar
50 gr butter
1 cup boiling water
Melt all ingreds, then pour over pudding. Place in a large pot with water. Don’t cover the bowl, but place a lid on the pot. Steam for 30-40 mins.

winnie231, Mar 12, 7:26pm
One from me ...
I have been making this since I was a young girl and it has become a firm fav with friends & family alike. I am almost embarrassed if someone asks for the recipe because although I enjoy 'proper' cooking this falls very much into the cheats category.
The last time I made it was just before the Chch earthquake in my now nonexistant kitchen.

Tropical Mousse
1 tropical jelly
1small pottle (single serve) peach & passionfruit yoghurt
1small bottle cream (300ml)
Make the jelly with only 1C boiling water & leave to cool but not set. Whip the cream in a large bowl, add the yoghurt & mix well. Pour in the cool jelly & beat again until well combined and light & fluffy. Pour into a serving bowl and set in the fridge. Decorate with fruit before serving if you wish.
You can vary the jelly & yoghurt flavours to your taste/preference.
There are similar versions of this recipe out there but I have been making this for 30 years, have never seen it written in a recipe book & feel confident I'm not breaching any copyright by sharing it.

pixiegirl, Mar 12, 11:55pm
Hey thanks guys - much appreciated.

winnie231, Mar 13, 7:26pm
One from me .
I have been making this since I was a young girl and it has become a firm fav with friends & family alike. I am almost embarrassed if someone asks for the recipe because although I enjoy 'proper' cooking this falls very much into the cheats category.
The last time I made it was just before the Chch earthquake in my now nonexistant kitchen.

Tropical Mousse
1 tropical jelly
1small pottle (single serve) peach & passionfruit yoghurt
1small bottle cream (300ml)
Make the jelly with only 1C boiling water & leave to cool but not set. Whip the cream in a large bowl, add the yoghurt & mix well. Pour in the cool jelly & beat again until well combined and light & fluffy. Pour into a serving bowl and set in the fridge. Decorate with fruit before serving if you wish.
You can vary the jelly & yoghurt flavours to your taste/preference.
There are similar versions of this recipe out there but I have been making this for 30 years, have never seen it written in a recipe book & feel confident I'm not breaching any copyright by sharing it.